Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    coblas Posts: 137, Reputation: 2

May 28, 2018, 09:36 AM
    Wood garage door panel has gap.
    I have a 16' overhead wood garage door with 5 horizontal panels. The 4th panel (from the top) aligns with the 5th panel nicely where they meet, but projects inward almost 3/8" where it meets the 3rd panel above it. I think it's the 3rd panel that isn't level vertically, but it's up against the doorway the way it should be so maybe the doorway is out of whack. This creates a gap where mice can enter easily. I don't see how weatherstripping can take care of this since just that one panel is causing the problem. Does attaching a wood strip about 3/8" thick where the gap shows on the outside roughly the height of the panel sound like a good solution? When I held a scrap of wood there it did cover the opening. I could do that same thing on all the panels and on the panels on the other end of the 16' door so it looks uniform. I know I would have to be sure there's enough clearance on top when I open the door. It looks good although it's a bit iffy at the top of panel #1 and might require trimming. The door operates with no problems. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Check out some similar questions!

Should I frame a wall on outside of garage door, leaving garage door in place? [ 5 Answers ]

I would like to convert the garage into a workroom by putting up a frame on the outside of the garage door, insulating it and leaving the garage door in place so that if I need to sell the house I can convert the room back into a garage. What problems could arise and are there any...

On my 4 panel garage door when I open or close it the center brace looks like it drop [ 2 Answers ]

My 4 panel garage door,when I open or close it the center brace, causes the second panel from the top to bind. I have lubed all the rollers. Help

How do I syncronize my remote control garage door pad with my garage door [ 1 Answers ]

Can anyone tell me how I can syncronize my remote control pad to open the garage door from the car?? I recently reset my code on the panel, because I didn't know the original code and now when I drive up in the car, my remote contral pad does not work to open the garage door... Any possible...

How do I sync the keyless pad garage door opener to the main garage door opener? [ 3 Answers ]

I mistakenly gave someone my garage door opener that didn't return it. I had a male friend come over and "change the code" including my car opener and gave me a universial which he also programmed. I came to realize my code for my keyless pad outside doesn't work (since he changed the code... )....

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.