Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Matt3046 Posts: 831, Reputation: 128

Apr 18, 2007, 08:35 AM
    Testifying in court? How? Tips.
    Any tips on how to look, talk , walk or anything else would be great.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Apr 18, 2007, 08:39 AM
    Be neat and polite. Answer questions as simply as possible. Mostly yes and no answers.

Apr 18, 2007, 10:44 AM
    Well thanks and it's not the judge I want to strangle it's her, little rat basterd lawyer.
    alkalineangel Posts: 2,391, Reputation: 323
    Ultra Member

Apr 18, 2007, 11:00 AM
    Haha... make sure you are dressed great. Im talking shirt and tie, ironed pants, schnazzy shoes... Shave, and heck, throw on some nice aftershave as well, might as well smell good too. Slick back that hair too... Looks say a lot about a person. Just make sure (no matter how old/young you are) you always say Ma'am or Sir... good luck..

Apr 18, 2007, 11:06 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by alkalineangel
    haha...make sure you are dressed great. Im talking shirt and tie, ironed pants, schnazzy shoes... Shave, and heck, go ahead and throw on some nice aftershave as well, might as well smell good too. Slick back that hair too...Looks say a lot about a person. Just make sure (no matter how old/young you are) you always say Ma'am or Sir....good luck..
    Thanks, good advice. BTW I love your photo.
    alkalineangel Posts: 2,391, Reputation: 323
    Ultra Member

Apr 18, 2007, 11:10 AM
    No prob, and thanks!:)
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Apr 18, 2007, 11:11 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt3046
    Well thanks and it's not the judge I want to strangle it's her, little rat basterd lawyer.
    What you need to do is get your own "little rat basterd lawyer" :D

Apr 18, 2007, 04:53 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottGem
    What you need to do is get your own "little rat basterd lawyer" :D
    I actually have one and she could kick his , in a fair fight.
    She is actually more of a pit bull (no offense Ruby) all nice until the time is right, and the straight for the jugular. So at least I have that going for me, (and the truth.)
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Apr 18, 2007, 05:00 PM
    Also if you want time to think or if you don't understand the answer, ask them to repeat it.

If there is a jury look at them. If you are testifying before the judge, look at the judge if possible.

Don't show anger,

And don't say stupid things outside the courtroom door, you would be surprised who hears it and tells someone
    shygrneyzs Posts: 5,017, Reputation: 936
    Uber Member

Apr 18, 2007, 05:00 PM
    Tips from one of my friends, who is a district judge. NO chewing gum, no smirking, no smart attitude. Make direct eye contact when addressed. Dress like you respect the court and the principles the court upholds. However you might feel about a statement made by the opposition, keep your tongue in your cheek and refrain from comments, smirks, laughter, private jokes with others. Walk in the court with respect and leave the same way. One thing that really ticks my friend off is the grammar used, such as, "yeah" or "umm" or using the word phrase "like you know". The judge is Sir or Ma'am. If you are presenting evidence, bring it with you. DO not say to the judge, "well I do not have that with me." Court is your day to shine, to prove your case. Be fully prepared. A judge respects that in someone.

That is about all she told me, in a nutshell. Good luck to you!

Also, dittoes to what Fr. Chuck stated.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Received court summons in my door and have 2 weeks to court date [ 9 Answers ]

I received a summons on my door for a $5,000 debt to american express. Lawyer office is about 1 1/2 from my home... I am willing to pay the debt, do I have to show up for court? I am going to be out of town and won't be around on the court date... can I call the attorney's office and settle the...

Tips for getting over an ex [ 24 Answers ]

So what would you say are some good tips for getting over an ex? Also, is there ever any chance for your ex wanting you back? If you stay as your ex's friend while he has a girlfriend is there a chance that you would become the rebound if your ex and his girlfriend broke up? Just wondering....

Superior Court and Supreme Court [ 4 Answers ]

Is a "Superior court" the same thing as the "Supreme Court"?

How much do tips [ 4 Answers ]

What is the right amount to tip a hair stylist? :o

View more questions Search