Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Matt3046 Posts: 831, Reputation: 128

Apr 18, 2007, 08:33 AM
    Workmans comp settlement
    Does a settlement count as income? Or in other words will I have to pay taxes on it.
    Matt3046 Posts: 831, Reputation: 128

Apr 18, 2007, 04:55 PM
    Anyone? Hay wheres the tax guy?
    Mobea Posts: 220, Reputation: 15

Apr 18, 2007, 08:34 PM
    Worker's compensation is non-taxable. You do not have to include it with your income.
    AtlantaTaxExpert Posts: 21,836, Reputation: 846
    Senior Tax Expert

Apr 24, 2007, 09:37 AM
    Mobea's answer is absolutely perfect!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Bankruptcy and workers comp settlement issue [ 1 Answers ]

Ok, first, I'm screwed. I owe the IRS 62K, plus I owe tons of creditors. I'm now at the point of being 100% disabled, will be going out in less than 2months. I live in South Carolina. I am going to file chapter 7, I believe ill pass the means test OK because my disability income will be half of...

Company logo on softball shirt, workmans compensation [ 3 Answers ]

In Ohio, can a company logo on a company softball team shirt be used as evidence in a workmans compensation claim from an employee wearing such a shirt who gets injured in a softball game played in a location away from the company location and not played during regular work hours?

Auto Accident: Damage Settlement not Injury Settlement [ 13 Answers ]

Hello all and thank you in advance for your kind answers. My Girlfriend was involved in an accident in November. Here are some key points about the event. 1. Accident Fault - Fault was clearly the other driver Documented in the Police report. 2. Vehicle is currently financed - In both of...

Workmans comp- unemployment [ 2 Answers ]

Ill. Hello this is going to be a long ? So please bare with me. Thank you mar 13 slipped on freezer floor after someone mopped it out and I was unaware. Filling out paper work to go dr. and in walks boss and fires me for unrelated situation. Boss said if I resigned they would not contest...

View more questions Search