Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Dara01 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 27, 2018, 02:56 PM
    I need advice on what to learn before college.
    I am a 17 year old student who is done with High School and is now preparing for college to study Computer Engineering. I have got some serious free time ahead of me (barring potential internships) and I want to make good use of it. So I ask, from your professional and personal point of view, what should I learn given my intended course of study? I love science, math, tech, economics - you name it! I love knowledge in general but I love efficiency even more. So tell me the things you wish you did and I should do in anticipation of a future professional career and life in general.(An answer from an experienced professional in any field would be greatly appreciated).
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

May 27, 2018, 03:03 PM
    Get a job, any job, and make some money.
    teacherjenn4 Posts: 4,005, Reputation: 468
    Education Expert

May 27, 2018, 03:22 PM
    I agree with Curlyben. If you have free time, you should be working. I’d make sure to brush up on writing skills. You’ll have essays in college, so make sure you know how to write an essay with proper grammar.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

May 27, 2018, 05:18 PM
    I think you should work also, and learn to budget and manage your life. That is as important as course work at college in my book. How will you support yourself when college starts? Going away or staying at home? Whose paying for those classes?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I need some advice what I must begin learn in programming. [ 5 Answers ]

1. WEB - JS, CSS, HTML 2. IOS - Swift 3. Android? 4. Software testing I do not have any experience in that. I just what to understamnd what is better, what about job oportunities and salary

Failing in college, need advice [ 2 Answers ]

So I just got done with my first semester of my 5th year of college, I'm sitting on a gpa of about a 1.82. I have about 3 semesters left until I graduate given I don't fail any more classes. My major is in Neuroscience and I have no idea what I want to do with it. Basically, I wanted to get out and...

Girlfriend, Cancer, College, Long-distance relationship, Advice? [ 10 Answers ]

My girlfriend of 5 months now has been having a hard time dealing with her mother being diagnosed with a brain tumor, which was very cancerous. And I have left for college. We love each other and we both want this relationship to work. I talk to her 24/7 since I left. She has become very frustrated...

Advice on post-college breakup. Struggling to cope with the breakup - Please read/hel [ 33 Answers ]

Everyone has their own story so here is mine: My ex-girlfriend and I met in college, dated for all 4 years until recently. We spent almost everyday together, she was my support and best friend. Like any couple, we had our problems, and I was her first ever relationship. I received a job offer...

View more questions Search