Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kcoyle Posts: 79, Reputation: 6

Apr 18, 2007, 08:20 AM
    Getting sole custody
    I'm 6 months pregnant and going through a divorce (though my lawyer is trying for an annullment due to fraud on my husbands behalf). He keeps telling me that he is going to take the baby and that there is nothing that me or my family can do about it. He also called last night and left a voicemail on my phone say "you're gonna have to get a restaining order against me, because i'm not f**king around! i will show up at your work and your house!" I have saved the message of course, but I have also recorded it onto a hand held voice recorder. My lawyer is working on get me a restraining order today. Will this recording that shows how unstable and threatening he is help me get sole custody of my baby when it's born?
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Apr 18, 2007, 08:24 AM
    First, even without that recording, he would have to prove you were unfit as a mother to take the child from you. So his threats were pretty empty. With that recording, I'd say his chances of physical custody are extremely small. The most he could get would be supervised visitation.
    Matt3046 Posts: 831, Reputation: 128

Apr 18, 2007, 08:27 AM
    Tes the restraining order is a good idea, for right now. But in a while he will be legaly allowed to see the baby. I don't think that a judge would take custody of a newborn away from the mother. (there would have to be a huge problem) But you will have to figure some stuff out. 18 years is a long time.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Sole Custody? [ 5 Answers ]

All right, I'm pregnant and due in just over 2 weeks. It wasn't until the last week or so that my now ex-boyfriend decided that me and him should start getting along and being friends, and has started trying to be a part of my life so that he can be a part of the baby's life. I slept with one of...

Sole custody and reversing [ 1 Answers ]

I have posted about sole custody before, but this is a little different... my ex has temporary sole custody of our child, and my rights are reserved... I called the court house and they said I could submit a motion to change it, so I did fill out the paperwork, how likely is it that I can get this...

Sole custody [ 4 Answers ]

The father of my daughter is a sneaky bastard, anyhow I just found out he is taking her to greece and my not come back... he has sole custody and they say I have no rights to my daughter... they say they are reserved... I can't afford an attorney and live in another state... anyone have any advice

Sole Custody in Wisconsin [ 6 Answers ]

Sole Custody in Wisconsin Three years ago I bought a house with two of my daughters. We all put the money down to purchase the house and we each have a share of monthly bills for the house. My problem is this: my daughter and her boyfriend have two children. He has not worked or tried to...

View more questions Search