Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    foreverromantic Posts: 177, Reputation: 1

May 20, 2018, 03:01 PM
    Confusing man
    Recently I joined a writers' group. We meet twice a month at a local library. From the very first day I joined I learned one particular person... he had five poetry books published. I purchased them immediately as I was anxious to see what he wrote. As he had his E Mail on them.. I thereafter wrote him a note stating I liked what I read and he replied "He would like to 'take me out to breakfast'; that he thought we had a lot in common, etc. etc." It was like an E Mail from a Dating Website. That is what it sounded like. I did, in fact, meet him for breakfast and found out "HE DOES NOT DRIVE". How does he expect to have any type friendship, etc. with the opposite sex if he does not drive. Plus, he took me to a "fast food restaurant". I was TOTALLY SHOCKED. He seemed one way in the E Mail and then when I met him for breakfast it was another. He talked about "how to publish books". As he has done it so many times, probably thought he was helping me. Yet... when we have our poetry and writers' group he hardly speaks to me. Seems distant. He had told me "he was a loner." So why the hyped up E Mail ? I like "doing things". Museums, Art Galleries, out to fine dining, movies. He does not do any of these things. I would like someone else's opinion on this.
    I recently had a book signing at a local library. He showed up to buy my book, insisted on "kissing me" and left promptly. Please advise. Thanks.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

May 20, 2018, 03:38 PM
    Advise about what FR? You met a stranger and are learning, and the best way to learn is leave the preconceived notions at home with the unrealistic expectations. It is what it is, so deal with it as YOU want. Maybe it's not the stuff of fairy tails or romance novels, so keep it real. If you don't want to learn more from a guy with no car, and loves fast food, then don't.

How easy is that? What's CONFUSING about him?
    Oliver2011 Posts: 2,606, Reputation: 746
    Ultra Member

May 21, 2018, 02:44 AM
    Move fast much? He is a stranger. Maybe this is the true him but you wouldn't know this because he is a stranger. Let's use a book as an analogy because it seems appropriate here. You read the first page and are expecting to know the outcome at the end of the book. Slow down, get to know him, and if he creeps you out, walk away. Or walk away now. You have very little invested in this - whatever it is.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

She's to confusing [ 1 Answers ]

Yeah hi I never done this before but I need advice I have known this chick for about 4 years and she was in a relationship for about three of that with a bloke that was like a mate but 2 months ago they broke up they are still living together but he has a new girlfriend and is moving out soon...

Confusing Ex [ 6 Answers ]

So me and my ex-girlfriend met each other 2 months ago at college and we instantly hit it off. She tells me she never usually connects with people as quickly as me and her did and I felt the same way. We both have never have met someone that we had as much in common with, and because of that we...

A confusing job [ 2 Answers ]

My daughter seannea is 12 and she wants to start earning her own money so she wants to start her own babysitting job she is really serious about it she printed out flyers and has her friends working with her but she is concerned about the kids and the actual job and she thinks her friends won't...

View more questions Search