Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    minibike6969 Posts: 78, Reputation: 1

May 17, 2018, 03:00 PM
    Rectifier help
    I have a pocket bike that I replaced the engine on to a 110cc engine,but I can't find the right spark plug engine #(KN152FMH-2) so before I changed engines the rectifier was setup as ( top left pin-yellow wire/ bottom left pin-RED wire/ top and bottom pin right side were wired together to ground,is there a reason for it to wired like that.I thought it was wired top left RED,bottom left WHITE,top right YELLOW,bottom right GREEN. Then today my rectifier started smoking.also what size battery for a pocket bike.

Thanks
    Stratmando Posts: 11,188, Reputation: 508
    Uber Member

May 18, 2018, 09:13 AM
    Old Rectifier may not work, Most I have worked with have 3 yellows(or other)from Stator, these Put Out AC Voltage, Going through a rectifier is usually 6 diodes, 2 for each yellow, 1 passes the positive, other passes the Negative, Giving DC Voltage out to charge Battery. Yellows should have no continuity to ground, and should be similar continuity between each other. I would Google "Motorcycle Rectifier", then select Images. You may see one close to what you need. Is this Points or Electronic Ignition?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Rectifier Bridge Specifications [ 0 Answers ]

Dear Sir, I d nott have training in electrical engineering, I am a computer analyst. I have a 24V AC (0.2A 4.8VA) adapter and want to rectify it to around 24V DC using a full wave rectifier bridge. I could also use a capacitor tosmooth the voltage. My questions are: (1) What bridge...

Rectifier bridge connected to line [ 7 Answers ]

Some time ago some one asked a question about hooking a bridge rectifier uip to the line voltage rather than the secondary of a transformer. They were informed that such an arrangement would not even be discussed. What is the reason for this position?

Rectifier [ 5 Answers ]

Hi all, Can someone help me with a cicuit diagram for a rectifier. I am doing a little project at home and need a 12v DC supply, I have a 12v transformer so just need it rectified to DC. I made one in school but have forgotten how, I vaguely remember a diamond shape of resistors and needing a...

Rectifier Design [ 0 Answers ]

View more questions Search