Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ak_avinash Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 17, 2018, 02:47 PM
    Can I buy a laptop with 4GB RAM and use IaaS for computing resources?
    I want to buy a new laptop for development (e.g. game development). Looking at the pace of development in the computing field, I want to invest in a really powerful computing power (e.g. 16 or 32 GB RAM, Intel core i9 etc.). However, the price of a laptop with powerful computing power is very high. Instead, can I buy a cheap laptop with 2 GB or 4GB RAM and then buy computing power from an IaaS provider? Will I be able to install IDE, servers (web/application/database) and other software of my choice in the cloud the same way I do it on a laptop? This way, I can replace my cheap laptop anytime or get rid of the fear of any damage to the laptop. Does it make sense? If yes, will it cost me more than buying and maintaining a powerful laptop?
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

May 24, 2018, 03:09 PM
    You can buy a good gaming laptop for around $1,000 usd. Used ones can go as low as 1/2 that. You may need it for testing your game along the way on a native format.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What convertible laptop (laptop+tablet) can I buy that will play football manager 201 [ 1 Answers ]

What convertible laptop (laptop+tablet) can I buy that will play football manager 2014 on it?

Can I use dell laptop windows on lenovo laptop? [ 3 Answers ]

My brother purchased dell laptop.he got a windows 7 with it.he installed it on his dell lap top.I want to install win 7 on my ibm lenovo laptop also. Can I install it?what about the cd key?

Can a hard drive from a Compaq laptop fit in a Dell Laptop? [ 2 Answers ]

So here's the thing, I own a Compaq laptop and my screen broke. So instead of buying a new screen, I'm getting a Dell laptop from a friend because his hard drive went out and he doesn't want it anymore. So I want to swap the hard drive from my compaq with the one in the dell. Will it work?

How do I reboot my laptop because I have forgot my password to sign in to my laptop [ 3 Answers ]

How do I reboot my laptop beacause I have forgot my password to sign in to my laptop

How to shift my PC data to laptop, bt laptop is at other place? [ 8 Answers ]

I have a PC now I am shifting to delhi for 2 months for my summer training , I need to shift my PC too so that I can use my data over there... but I can not shift it ,is there any other option so that I can use my data over there witout having my PC... I will be having a laptop over there,but that...

View more questions Search