Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    minibike6969 Posts: 78, Reputation: 1

May 14, 2018, 10:43 PM
    Fuel system problems
    I have a 96 toyota tacoma with fuel pump problems I've replaced the efi relay,fuel filter, and the fuel pump.so after all that the fuel pump is not coming on when the key is turned on. I used jumper wires to test the fuel pump with a battery so the pump is working.so my question is where do I start to look for why the pump is not getting any power.

Thanks
    Stratmando Posts: 11,188, Reputation: 508
    Uber Member

May 16, 2018, 06:47 AM
    You don't mention Fuel Pump Relay. I would get the Service Manual and follow the Fuel Pump On back. My Ford Truck has an Inertia Switch, so if there is Impact, It Interrupts power to Pump. Just need to press a reset. Manual will show what you have. Also check for Fuel Pump Fuse.

Try Here:
    https://www.tacomaworld.com/threads/...o-pump.514659/

Pump Only has power when cranking or running.

May 16, 2018, 10:13 AM
    The EFI relay is the fuel pump relay

May 17, 2018, 03:02 PM
    Found the problem was the circuit opening relay

May 22, 2018, 07:48 PM
    Replaced open circuit relay and pump still not coming on so now where do I look for the problem
    Uber Member

May 24, 2018, 07:15 AM
    If You have no Manual, and you are cranking Engine during test, 2 things you could do, Hook a wire to fuel Pump wire at fuel pump, add test light, when you jump the relay, or provide power in relay socket to see if test light lights.
    Or if you have a Tone generator and Inductive amp(around $100), you could Inject a signal on Fuel Pump wire at fuel pump, and look for the signal in Relay Box.
    May have both hot and ground needing to be completed, Some things have both hot and ground switched. You may be getting the Hot, and Not the Ground Input.
    A manual would make short work of this, and all work needing to be done in the future, Let me see if I can find the wiring.

Did you go to the Link I provided above? Looks like what you need.
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

May 24, 2018, 03:32 PM
    I agree look at the link and it has a wiring diagram you can follow.
    Uber Member

May 26, 2018, 09:08 AM
    What did you find with Fuel Pump, and Regulator?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

93 Honda Fuel System [ 1 Answers ]

I have a 1993 Honda Accord; 2.2 w/ 273,000 m runs great. Four weeks ago I put a new Battery in it. Last week - after sitting for two days, cranked hard and fast but would not start. No smell of fuel & no warning lights or other indicators. After several long tries (cranking) it did start and was...

97 honda passport fuel system too lean mass bad air flow system [ 1 Answers ]

I have a 1997 Honda Passport with the 3.2 V6 which I am trying to fix. The OBD2 is saying the fuel trim system too lean (cylinder bank 1 code # P0171) and the mass air flow system performance problem code#P0101. I am not sure what it is that is wrong. Can someone tell me where to start?

Furnace ran out of fuel; air in system [ 3 Answers ]

I ran out of fuel oil and had the local fuel oil co. bring a delivery; now I think I have air in the inlet feed of my line to the furnace; how do I bleed this unit, it is a intertherm mac 1280 series unit

Fuel pump system [ 1 Answers ]

I have a 2002 Hyundia accent gl 1.6 4cyl. It turns but won't start. I replaced the fuel pump, but it seems its not getting any electrical juice. I test it before I installed it and it work fine. Is it a sensor or.

Problems with my fuel pum electric system I don [ 1 Answers ]

I just replaced the fuel pum because I thougth tha the older fuel pump was bad but I replaced and the car keep doing the same thing after a while the fuel pressure goes down I donīt know if is because of the oil pressure sender unit isnīt working right .:confused: where is located the fuel pump...

View more questions Search