Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    marriage1 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 14, 2018, 10:19 AM
    Husband acuse of cheating
    My husband keep on accusing me of cheating with a Doctor that I do not even know off. This going on for 5 years or more now.. NO matter how many time I've try to explain or tell him I do not cheat on him. We been together for more than 2 decade now and 18 year of marriage... Counseling do not work, nor any other help.. Even met up with this Doctor and his wife and my husband apologize for the misunderstanding but yet still accusing me of cheating with him a few week after. His constant monitoring and goes through my phone making me feel like another one of his children and not his wife.. The Verbal abusiveness, calling me name, and no respect from the man I love so much make me even more confuse. What suggestion please of what do I need to do. I do love this man very much but I feel like that love is going away slowly and I hate to be the one to make my children suffer I end this marriage.
    Oliver2011 Posts: 2,606, Reputation: 746
    Ultra Member

May 14, 2018, 10:41 AM
    So this didn't happen until the last 5 years? Does he have any medical issues, diagnosed by a doctor or not, that would cause him to be paranoid? What triggered this behavior? People who display thoughts, feelings, or behaviors that aren't rational can sometimes have an underlying medical condition that might not be diagnosed yet. . Or he might just be cantankerous. Either way, it's got to be difficult on you to live with that.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

May 14, 2018, 11:24 AM
    I have to agree that maybe instead of trying to end this frustrating behavior by a divorce, explore that he may need help to regain some rationality. You may have to put your foot down and demand he see a doctor for a full range of testing or have the FOOL committed against his will, since what he is saying is crazy isn't it?

Many suffer from things they cannot control as they get older and never have a clue that they are suffering. Take this as a warning that something is going on that he is unaware of and get the dude some help. Is this the only thing that's off about him? Hard to see anything else if YOU are hurt and frustrated.

First calm yourself and get beyond your own emotional reactions so you may be able to see his behavior and what needs to be done in a more objective manner.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Sears in Las Vegas acuse of shoplifting [ 9 Answers ]

I try a tankrop and a short t-shirt to go over and put them together on a hanger to see if the color much. Than I select cloths for my kids and went to the register and give her all of my selections to pay. She didn't scan the tank - wich cost $2 and before I even exit the store a LP from the store...

I think my husband is cheating on me [ 3 Answers ]

I found some evidence that my husband was cheating, I checked his phone to see and found 3 texts from this woman called Jessica I've never met her or heard of her so I knew she couldn't of just been a friend of my husbands I read the texts and they were dirty messages I felt so ashamed. We have 4...

I'm cheating on husband [ 13 Answers ]

OK, so I've been married for 21 years. Most of the years I've been unhappy. I'm tired of his drinking and abuse. 4 kids later, I've desided that staying together for the kids is stupid! 3 out of 4 have moved out. This September in desperation to find a friend, brought me to a web site. ( I won't...

Cheating husband [ 10 Answers ]

I found my husband in bed naked with another woman, We got married in 2007 and been together for 16 years have two children and just built a new home in 2006 and had him removed from the house by police because he wreaked my christmas tree and took all the xmas presents for the kids. So what are...

Is my husband cheating [ 19 Answers ]

Me and my husband just got married we have been together for 5 years last year I cought him on all kinds of single sites looking at girls I'm not sure if it would have went anywhere like he didn't contact any of them but it still had me thinking and every time I asked him why he would try to change...

View more questions Search