Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    1margarette Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

May 13, 2018, 12:09 AM
    Ferret as a pet
    What are your thoughts about having a ferret as a pet?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

May 13, 2018, 04:59 AM
    In general about the same as any pet. Do you have time for it. Can you afford the vet bills. Will it be home alone all the time?
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

May 13, 2018, 08:03 AM
    Ferrets have a distinctive musky scent. Google ferret care.
    Anton87 Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

May 14, 2018, 02:43 AM
    I agree with Fr_Chuck. A pet always needs your time (okay, maybe a goldfish doesn't). When you are especially looking for a ferret as a pet I can tell you that these animals are very demanding. You have to feed them a few times per day, they want to be employed. Ferrets need a huge enclosure if you don't want them to run through your apartment. They are very active and clever. So try to build challenges in there enclosure but they also want to relax completely undisturbed. That means you have to build resting places.
    1margarette Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

May 14, 2018, 10:40 PM
    I have made a couple of research all over the weekend. I know I have so much more to learn, and it seems like I need to purchase one of these ferret cages before getting one, as I don't want my apartment to be a complete mess. I am planning to purchase it at Petstreetmall, but I am not that sure about the reputation of this website.

@Anton87 what do you mean by a huge enclosure?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Ferret [ 21 Answers ]

I want a ferret but I am trying to make it as cheap as possible I am only getting one ferret and I'm wondering if I should get a two level cage or a three level cage they two level cage Dimensions: 71.5x44.5x69cm and three level is Dimensions: 71.5x44.5x69cm also do you know any other good...

New ferret [ 3 Answers ]

All right, I know some of you are not going to like this post but.. Im getting another ferret this evening, its kind of an emergency situation, the ferret was left in an apartment building when the owner moved out, the owner left the supplies as well as vet records so obviously they wanted to...

Ugh, ferret! [ 8 Answers ]

As most of you know, and as I have posted before, I have a problem child! She is my year old ferret names Chloe. I've tried looking for help else where but no one can give me any suggestions so I hope someone ANYONE on here can help me. I got Chloe from a breeders friend This is her story: ...

Getting a ferret. [ 9 Answers ]

I am looking into getting a ferret, I've always wanted one and think they would make an interesting pet. I'm just wondering what do you guys think? What are some pros and cons? What do you NEED to have? What would be some things ferrets WANT? It would be in a three or four level cage (Not to sure...

Getting a new ferret. [ 19 Answers ]

Hello, I am 14 and I am going to be getting a job this march. My mom said I could either get a ferret or a cat, I think I'm going to get the ferret just because they seem so much more fun. But I am wondering what the basic's ill need? And the size of cage?. also I have a female rabbit, and I was...

View more questions Search