Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    muk33 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 12, 2018, 06:41 PM
    Advice needed
    Hello
    Please give me some advice on a lot my wife and 2 kids are thinking on building our home on in SC. It will be located next to a large power line right of way. Its near a lake so we have those big metal towers. I'd say the nearest tower from my house will be like 50 to 75 yards. I took a emf meter over to my future lot and got no reading where the home will be or around the yard. Of course when I walked up under the lines it started reading harmful. The device I measured it with measures electric field radiation and magnetic field emission. The electric field radiation part on the meter was going off and reading harmful. Is it? Please tell me the difference between electrical field and the Emfs.
    I assume the electric field is going off cause we are near the lines is all.

As Im sure you know you can read all kind of various opinions on Emfs on the internet. I am getting no reading so I assume Im good.
    We are so confused on this subject and don't want to harm ours or kids bodies over the years. We just need to set our minds at ease so we can enjoy this new house.
    Thank you.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

May 12, 2018, 08:03 PM
    There are literally thousand of communities across the country with power transmission lines running through them, and the chances of it doing harm to humans is virtually NIL as far as I know. However you can take your readings to your local environmental authority, and inquire with them or the power company.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

May 13, 2018, 05:04 AM
    Just consider it for real estate value. It will normally lower the cost of the property.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Advice needed [ 4 Answers ]

Goodday, I would like your dispassionate advise about an issue brothering me.I applied for a Non Immigrant Visa Class B1/B2 of the USA last January and was successful. I was meant to attend a training in a finance related course around February but alas 3days before I embarked on my trip,I...

Please help! Advice needed! [ 7 Answers ]

I'm not typically a shy person, but ever since I met this girl (who I am now dating) I am extremely shy and timid around her. We've been dating for about 5 days. One time she told me she was cold, so I offered her my jacket. She said we were almost back at her house so she didn't need it. When she...

Advice Needed [ 14 Answers ]

Hello, I'm with a young woman that is convinced she has a demon following her. We both have witnessed ghostly looking spirits in our old apartment, but since moving in Oct. 2012, we have had outrageous things happening. It began with small boxes or items projectiling off countertops. We watched a...

Help advice needed please... [ 0 Answers ]

Hi I need great help and advice as I am really depress and stress, here my story, I am a pakistani, my face, hands and body had always been fair where as my arms,under arm and back has always been dark, I went to the doctors and they recommended nothing, I always had the desire to fairer than...

Advice needed! [ 15 Answers ]

OK one day pretty much out of nowhere my girlfriend of about 2 1/2 years called for a break. I found out that on that same night she was a party got drunk and had sex with another man. I was willing to forgive her for this and try and build on our relationship. She still wants a break. For the...

View more questions Search