Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Mando1974 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 11, 2018, 09:00 AM
    Name change on a Puerto Rico birth certificate
    My Mother needs a copy of her birth certificate. She was born As Alba but when she moved to the US she changed her name to Norma. All the changes were done here in CT and she is know all over as Norma. But when trying to get a copy of her birth certificate from Puerto Rico she was denied because there is no record of Norma, they do have her as Alba but we don't know how to go about making sure change the name to Norma on the birth certificate. Any Ideas?
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

May 11, 2018, 10:04 AM
    Hire a lawyer in Puerto Rico, or go there are the only ideas I have. At least a lawyer can quote you a price and fill you in on the process for free. Is there an urgency or immediate need?
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

May 11, 2018, 11:25 AM
    There wouldn't be a birth Certificate for "Norma", she wasn't born under that name. They do not change BC's. All she needs is the Alba birth certificate and proof that she legally changed it to Norma. My father changed his Polish based name. His BC shows that name but I still have the legal name change from 1941. Never had an issue with voting, Medicare, Social Security, deeds etc.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How can I change my first name spelling on my Birth Certificate in Puerto Rico [ 2 Answers ]

I want to change my first name its spelled wrong... example My name is Martina and they put Marta. How can I fix this?

Puerto rico birth certificate name change [ 0 Answers ]

How do I change spelling of my name & amend my birth certificate? I was born in San Juan, Puerto Rico and have lived in Illinois since I was a child. Puerto Rico's Demographic Registry website doesn't appear to have a form/application on line and calling them has been unsuccessful due to lack of...

Birth certificate name change in puerto rico? After finding my bio dad [ 1 Answers ]

My mother and my step father gave me my step dad's last name but now that I know and have a relationship with my Bio dad whom lives in Puerto Rico. I'm 34 years and live in Arizona. What can we do to get my last name changed legally? Does my mother and I need to go to Puerto Rico for a blood test?...

View more questions Search