Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ThomasAsh Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 10, 2018, 12:21 PM
    1965 Ford Fairlane won't start but turns over fine.
    Car won't start but turns over fine.Replaced starter,plugs cap and rotor,points and condenser.Still no luck.Timing seems fine,but can't really tell without car running.Will start to catch when first started but dies and won't catch again until you let it set awhile,then same thing.Ant suggestions?
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

May 10, 2018, 05:45 PM
    Better under Cars and trucks?

Carb issues. Flooding?
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

May 10, 2018, 07:13 PM
    Or fuel pump. Did you try starting it after pouring a little gas directly in the carburetor?
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

May 10, 2018, 08:40 PM
    You need spark, fuel and compression. Do you have a spark and are the plugs wet or dry after trying?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Tribute won't start turns over just fine [ 1 Answers ]

My 2003 tribute turns over fine no codes other than mass flow and o2 sensor. I drove it for 30 min no problem now cannot start like it is getting no fuel

65 ford fairlane 1barrel carb just Adjusted, Now Won't Start! [ 9 Answers ]

Hello all, I finally got my 65 fairlane to start, run better, and drive good, but not great. I wen't to a local mechanics shop, and I watched the guy JUST adjust my 1 barrel Holley Carb. He adjusted the idle screw, and made the engine and car STOP shaking, and quited it down, and the idle speed was...

My 1965 Ford Fairlane Won't Start [ 4 Answers ]

I have a 1965 Ford Fairlane with the Original Straight 6 engine. I changes EVERYTHING and replaced it with new parts concerning components that make the car engine run. Tune-Up, The starter, alternator, ignition coil, battery wires, plugs/wires & rotor/distributor, added a conversion kit also, New...

1995 honda civic won't start, it turns over fine [ 1 Answers ]

This morning I got into my 1995 Honda Civic EX 5-speed to go to work. I started it up (normal length) and it ran for about 1-2 seconds and shut off. I started it up again and it just cranked and cranked. I thought the starter sounded a little different than normal after the original startup. ...

1964 Ford Fairlane... Died and Won't start. [ 1 Answers ]

Quick history. Rebuilt the car in High School. Ran for about two years. Had brittle wire problems so put the car down for about 5 years. Just rewired the whole car, rebuilt the carburetor, and replaced the ignition switch. I licensed and registered the car and drove it from my parents house to...

View more questions Search