Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Ladybuglady Posts: 20, Reputation: 1

May 6, 2018, 05:15 AM
    Inaccurate media portrayal of Muslim men.
    As a Muslim man, what is your opinion of sisters? How do you treat them? What do they mean to you/ or do for her? Confirming that the media gives an unfair portrayal. Thanks!
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

May 6, 2018, 06:20 AM
    I know a few, and the one I know best is pretty rough on his wife. Though he doesn't do it when other people are around. Not physical abuse, but definitely significant emotional abuse.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

May 6, 2018, 07:02 AM
    The ones I’ve known are cruel and dominant. Not allowing the females in their lives to make decisions for themselves. I deliver babies, many of the Muslim men I’ve known will not allow their laboring wives/sisters/daughters to receive pain meds when they are experiencing the worst pain in their lives.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

May 6, 2018, 10:47 AM
    Which media do you mean? Many depict Muslim men in America as victims of fear and prejudice, while others depict them as terrorists abroad, and both are true to some extent. There has to be millions around the world who are just ordinary people not involved with terrorism or violence and abuse of their females. Unfortunately the media mostly presents the bad ones who do bad things.

I'm not a Muslim man, but the Muslim men and women I know are just people. You could say the same about any group for that matter.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

A converted muslim boy can marry a muslim girl from konkan [ 2 Answers ]

Hi I am a converted muslim boy Changed Name to Sahil, I want to marry a muslim girl from Konkan India, But her parents is not accepting it as my Father is not muslim, My family requested them that I will be praticing Islam for all my life and my kids will be Muslim too. But than too girl's Mother...

Television portrayal [ 6 Answers ]

:o How accurate is the typical television portrayal of an informant?

View more questions Search