Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Stratmando Posts: 11,188, Reputation: 508
    Uber Member

May 5, 2018, 10:41 AM
    Remote unforward Comcast Voicemail Remotely?
    I have a Customer that wants to reboot Comcast modem when it loses Internet, He says when it happens, he usually has his VOIP still working. So, I wanted to use a Viking Electronics RC2a Touchtone remote relay. Problem is He has Comcast Voicemail that he says can't be Unforwarded. For the RC2a to work. He would have to have a second answering machine in house, so line will pick up, and he could then enter code to control Relay.
    I have 2 other options that I can think of, Reboot modem every Morning with a timer, or have a Photo Detector on the Activity LED so If connectivity is lost, it will power down for 30 seconds, then back on.
    Any Ideas to remotely reboot Modem.
    ATT continually wants me to get rid of my Copper, and Give me VOIP. I like Redundancy and don't want eggs all in one Basket.(Modem goes out and loose Internet, Phone, TV).

Any Ideas would be greatly Appreciated.
    WallyHelps Posts: 1,018, Reputation: 136
    Ultra Member

May 5, 2018, 11:54 AM
    How about something like this? ResetPlug - A smart plug to monitor your WiFi router/modem and reset power if WiFi fails.
    There may be others out there as well.
    WallyH
    Stratmando Posts: 11,188, Reputation: 508
    Uber Member

May 9, 2018, 04:27 PM
    I checked that out, can Only Order, No Reviews, no Info? Customer found something else, should see Friday what he got, Thanks

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Comcast remote doesn't work with TV on and lights off. [ 7 Answers ]

I have a HD DVR from Comcast, and if my TV is on and it is dark in the room, my remote will not work?? If I turn the lights on, or there is natural light in the room it works fine. It also works if my TV is off no matter what the lighting. I have a Sony Bravia LCD flat screen.

Comcast remote setup dvd [ 1 Answers ]

ComCast remote control Setup for AUX I set up the video for SVideo. I now have a blank screen and I do not have a SVideo cable to get the video. I am looking for screen shot of the AUX setup to get to the video setup to go to some video I can view on the TV. A sequence of button pushes would...

DVD operation with comcast remote [ 1 Answers ]

How can I use my comcast remote to operate my DVD player?

Comcast remote control won't work w/ DVD player [ 4 Answers ]

I have Comcast cable. Recently, the remote control - 'Comcast On Demand Custom 3-Device Universal Remote Control' - stopped functioning partially. We could still change channels, but it wouldn't turn the TV on & off, change the volume, or turn on the DVD or VCR hooked up to the system. We...

View more questions Search