Ask
    westby128 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 3, 2018, 12:57 PM
    Georgia
    Who sings the song?
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

May 3, 2018, 03:26 PM
    Lots of people have. State Song of Georgia, most commonly sung by Ray Charles.

"Georgia on My Mind" is a 1930 song written by Hoagy Carmichael and Stuart Gorrell and first recorded that year. It has often been associated with Ray Charles, a native of the U.S. state of Georgia who recorded it for his 1960 album The Genius Hits the Road. In 1979, the State of Georgia designated it the official state song.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

In Georgia [ 1 Answers ]

My brother's attorney(a public defender) has not gone to see him. A clerk saw him the day before going to court for a motion for a bond. During the motion the DA read a jacket that belonged to someone else and none of the charges read are what my brother is charged with. The clerk (not the...

Live in Georgia work in Texas moved back to Georgia and paid severance [ 0 Answers ]

I lived in Georgia and moved to work in Texas. Laid off and moved back to Georgia. I was paid severance while I lived in Georgia. Would I pay Georgia state taxes on it?

Non-resident Georgia taxes, working within Georgia [ 3 Answers ]

I have been working in Georgia, for a Georgia based company, for the past 22 years while living in Florida. I have had Georgia tax taken out of my salary all this time. I have filed Georgia Income Tax and filled out the schedule for "Non-residents" every year. It indicates that I must pay the tax...

Georgia law [ 1 Answers ]

Can part time teacher collect unempolyment compensation between school terms? Can an professional athletes receive unemployment compensation? Are aliens covered by the umemployment compensation law? Are benefits payable to a female during pregency?

View more questions Search