Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    de88ie_9irl Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Apr 18, 2007, 05:42 AM
    Finding Friends
    I'm a fun loving girl with a great sense of humor. But, like a lot of people.. I'm shy. I do have friends, but none of them are close. To be honest I wouldn't even know how to MAKE someone a close friend.. for some reason I don't have much experience. Where do you go to meet new people? How does everybody else make close friends with the ones they already have? God I sound like a loser lol, but I'm really not! I often don't know what to talk about, or how to not make myself look awkward. What's the first few steps in not only making new friends, but then getting closer to them? Cheers guys!
    chris_in_orbit Posts: 21, Reputation: 8

Apr 22, 2007, 07:15 PM
    Its always important to find that common ground between a friend. You don't become close friends with just anyone! Look at your friends and figure out if any of them share the same interests as you. Even if its something as silly as shopping at the same shoe store or watching the same TV show! Finding out that someone shares something like that with you makes them open up to you more and want to know more about you to see if there are more things you share in common. Just look for those hints that everyone drops about who they are in regular conversation.

If you want to meet new people then you should probably first ask yourself what kind of people you want to meet. If you want to meet people who share the same interests as you try going to some extra curricular places that piqué your interest. Like pottery? Then join a pottery class. People aren't going to come to you, just make an effort and I'm sure you'll see a difference.
    Marcusstorm Posts: 35, Reputation: 2

Apr 22, 2007, 07:24 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by de88ie_9irl
    I'm a fun loving girl with a great sense of humor. But, like a lot of people.. I'm shy. I do have friends, but none of them are close. To be honest I wouldn't even know how to MAKE someone a close friend.. for some reason I don't have much experience. Where do you go to meet new people? How does everybody else make close friends with the ones they already have? God I sound like a loser lol, but I'm really not! I often don't know what to talk about, or how to not make myself look awkward. Whats the first few steps in not only making new friends, but then getting closer to them? Cheers guys!
    Yeah the awkwardness can be off putting when creating new relationships but if your doing it over the internet there's always something to talk about, besides they can't see your face. Look chat lines are great, be careful who you meet but if you are really looking for someone to chat to outside this website I would be more than happy to be mates. My name is Kate. I come from melbourne, Australia and am actually kind of lonely myself. So please reply, I look forward to hearing from you sooner rather than later. You can never have enough friends. Xx
    CommonSense2007 Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Jul 22, 2007, 07:26 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by de88ie_9irl
    I'm a fun loving girl with a great sense of humor. But, like a lot of people.. I'm shy. I do have friends, but none of them are close. To be honest I wouldn't even know how to MAKE someone a close friend.. for some reason I don't have much experience. Where do you go to meet new people? How does everybody else make close friends with the ones they already have? God I sound like a loser lol, but I'm really not! I often don't know what to talk about, or how to not make myself look awkward. Whats the first few steps in not only making new friends, but then getting closer to them? Cheers guys!
    I identify with you. It seems like all my friends are people that chose me. They went out of their way to get to know me, but if I tried to do that, people didn't warm up to me for some reason. But I think if you feel comfy with someone you can ask them to go with you to lunch or something. Just try doing things together, even little things. Start where you are. Find out what things you have in common. It can be hard when you are shy. Maybe someone will open up their eyes and pick you so you won't have to be burdened with doing all the work. Hope things work out for you. Everyone needs good, true friends.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Need help finding someone [ 8 Answers ]

Hi my name is James Pawlik and I have been looking for an old friend I was in the Navy with I don't remember her ship because we only knew each other in (A) School and after graduation I never saw her again. I was just trying to see how she is and let her know how I am but I can't seem to find a...

Finding old friends on-line! [ 1 Answers ]

Could someone help me find a friend of mine that I have not seen in ages. I think I found him in Roanoke, VA, but I am not sure. Is there a way to get phone numbers for free on anybody on-line? Please respond. I really would like to find this friend of mine. Thanks!

Finding old college friends [ 1 Answers ]

I'm trying to find two friends of mine from college. I believe one lives in Charlotte, NC and the other in Richfield, NC. If I could get in touch with them either through there home or work, that would be good enough. Both, I believe, are teaching. Is there a free way to find them on-line, or...

View more questions Search