Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Omnis Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 2, 2018, 01:58 PM
    Is it selfish to ask someone if I did something wrong?
    My friend isn't talking much, I asked if something I said bothered her and she said "This isn't about you Eric." Not sure what she meant by that. Does she mean I'm selfish or I'm not the problem?
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

May 2, 2018, 03:24 PM
    You asked if something you said bothered her, she said it isn't about you. In other words she's not upset by something you said or did, she's upset about something else that has nothing to do with you. If she wants to talk to you about it, she will.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

May 2, 2018, 03:32 PM
    Selfish may not be the word that's accurate, but insecure might fit. I suspect you have done this before, made someone's discomfort or upset about you. Take your friend at her word and don't take things so personally. In the future maybe inquire "what's wrong" instead of "did I do/say something wrong". Much more sympathetic and astute, and less insecure sounding.

Regardless don't push it, and maybe more will be revealed later if she cares to share.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Is my Girlfriend selfish or am I the selfish one? [ 3 Answers ]

I'll start by saying sorry if I'm all over the place with this but just try and bear with me! So in the beginning of our relationship everything was great and we fell in love almost right away. We always saw each other and wanted to be together. I'm a very affectionate and loving Guy and I hide...

Being Selfish [ 10 Answers ]

My girlfriend and my mother have now both told me that I am self-centered or should I say selfish. I don't see this because I am always thinking about other people. The only way I can see this in anyway is I use relations with "I" to topics. I don't want this ruinning my relationship. I feel...

Am I selfish [ 3 Answers ]

Hello, I've been dating my friend off and on since December. We took a class together and on the very last day I asked her out, before I had hardly talked to her. We dated for two weeks, she dumped me for someone in another country. There was some time that I did not talk to her, maybe a...

Am I just being selfish or do I have to right to be? [ 2 Answers ]

Ive been this girl for on/off for about 3 years now. When we weren't going out we had other small relationships.Now I'm having troubles getting over the fact that she's been kind "slutty" with a few guys doing a fair few sexual acts and whatnot.now the prob is is that I had one relationship where I...

Selfish, self-centered boyfriend=selfish, self-centered husband [ 6 Answers ]

My husband has done many things to hurt me. To begin, he lied about who he was when we were dating. We were young and in college; he pretended to not smoke, get drunk, and go to church regularly. Thus, we seemed to have so much in common. We talked for hours; he swept me off my feet with...

View more questions Search