Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    NorPlan Posts: 425, Reputation: 3

Apr 30, 2018, 09:23 AM
    17" All Season Summer Tires / Tread Depth / Wear?
    Curious? Thoughts on Tires making it Through another Season? Their 17" AllSeason , We ride with 4 Winter Tires in Season.. There's a good 1/4" of Tread remaining , generally 12 / 15,000km of Driving done each turn over.. And all Paved Highway.. Thoughts Opinions Appreciated , Cheers Thanks
    kitch428 Posts: 1,440, Reputation: 152
    Ultra Member

May 1, 2018, 09:17 PM
    Generally, at 3/32" they're close, at 2/32" they're even with the wear bars and done. So, to answer, yes. One more season as long as the edges are still good and not showing secondary rubber (bald spots).
    CaptainRich Posts: 4,492, Reputation: 537
    Cars & Trucks Expert

May 11, 2018, 05:42 PM
    You may get another season out of them but a thorough inspection is in order. Take a close look at the sidewalls (both inside and outside walls) looking for potential dry rot or cracking that can indicate aging other than just wear. If in doubt, take it to a tire shop and get their opinion. Let them know you are concerned and they should help.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Bad ABS sensor causes rear tires to wear prematurely [ 9 Answers ]

Last summer I went through new rear tires in 5000 miles. No lite or codes came up. Dealer could not find problem. Tire manf. Replaced tires. After watching tires for three months it was determined that tires were still wearing too fast. Finally dealer checked again with ford and changed the...

Tread depth [ 7 Answers ]

How much more than the run is the tread depth?

What's a must wear this summer? [ 6 Answers ]

What do you think is the trendiest thing to wear this summer?

All Season or Snow Tires? [ 4 Answers ]

I can't decide what to get for tires, I have an awd subaru 2002 and live in upstate ny and get a bit nervous when driving in snow, so what would be the best tire for me? Any ideas?

View more questions Search