Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    wrestling97girl Posts: 14, Reputation: 1

Apr 27, 2018, 11:54 PM
    What should I do the night before travelling?
    So I leave soon for a job at a summer camp where I will be away from my family and friends for 4 months. So I messaged a friend who was away at college to see if he would be free to hangout sometime before I leave and asked if he would be able to round up some of our mutual friends to hangout as well. The problem is he got back a week before I leave and the only evening most mutual friends of ours are free is the evening before I leave (and I leave early the next morning) also I assumed we would just meet up at someone’s house and sit around talking and now my friend planned for a group of 4 friends (one of who lives an hour away) to go out for drinks. So I want to see my friends before leaving and my friend put in a fair bit of effort planning this but staying up late and drinking the night before I have to be up early for a day of traveling isn’t very convenient. Also I was planning on my parents to give me a ride part of the way and they already said I shouldn’t stay up late and I know they don’t like me drinking. I know I’m an adult so I don’t have to follow their rules but I live with them, although I am leaving the next morning. But I am relying them on giving me a ride and would rather not leave with them mad at me. So was wondering if there was a suggestion in how to see my friends without having my parents mad or hating myself the next day when I’m traveling.
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Apr 28, 2018, 04:18 AM
    Your family will always be your family. These friends aren't likely to be your friends much longer statistically. Family before friends. Besides drinking like that is stupid. At some point you will see this. Its also why as many people end up alcoholics as there is.

And being an "adult" as you put it, comes with a LOT of responsibilities, as well as consequences for every action.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Apr 28, 2018, 06:51 AM
    There is no greater burden than the one we put on ourselves. I see no reason why you cannot see your friends, I mean was it not you who made a big to do about seeing them before you left? So do it and drink responsibly and avoid the hang over, or whatever it is that you fear judgement from your parents about. There is nothing you can do about your parents being not so happy about your choice of activities before you leave but let's be fair and honest, you had to know that before you organized and agreed to this bon voyage party so own it, enjoy it, and deal with whatever your parents throw at you. They will have to deal with whatever you do, right or wrong anyway.

You obviously figured you could handle it, since you did it YOUR way in the first place. Did I say deal with it? Just be RESPECTFUL even when you are not that perfectly obediently daughter. This isn't the first time you have strayed from their path, and I seriously doubt it will be the last. That's just the nature of us humans, we try but we just aren't perfect.

If it bothers you so much then leave early and get your rest. Who says you have to be up ALL night drinking? How about HALF the night? How about limit the alcohol you consume?
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Apr 28, 2018, 02:42 PM
    Why not plan an earlier evening, go for drinks but drink soda instead of alcohol, and then leave early so that you still get plenty of rest.

Just because you're going out for drinks doesn't mean you have to drink.

Tell your friends that you need a good nights rest before you travel and that you can't stay out late that night. Also tell them that you have no desire to be hung over while driving a long distance. They should understand.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I sleep with my arms in the air every night and crack and rub my hands all night why [ 3 Answers ]

Every night when I go to bed I fall asleep with my arms down and one under my pillow. Within seconds of falling asleep I put my arms in the air and start to rub and crack my hands.. I never get a good night sleep nor does my spouse.

Travelling [ 5 Answers ]

I've read on so many sites that sometimes another country can get a hold of your youth record and deny you entry to that country. Has that happened to you or anyone you know?

Travelling to the USA [ 3 Answers ]

While waiting for an green card, can I travel within the USA?

Travelling to the US [ 3 Answers ]

I am planning on booking a flight from Manchester to Chicago. I will be age 17 at the time of the flight and travelling alone, and I was wondering if that is allowed (flying with British airways) and if so what forms would we need to fill out for this?

View more questions Search