Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    melvin morrow Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 27, 2018, 10:59 AM
    2005 harley electra glide starter just whines when hit start button
    When I hit the starter switch it just whines. Battery test 13 volts.
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Apr 28, 2018, 04:23 AM
    Starter bendix has failed. its either blocked from engaging, or is engaging but defective. Some cases it can be replaced. If not, the starter needs replaced as an assembly.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Was riding my 2005 electra glide got caught in the rain blew igniton fuse [ 0 Answers ]

Was out riding my 2005 electra glide and got caught in the rain ignition fuse blew had to replace fuse but now every time you try to ride the fuse blows

2004 Electra Glide Classic [ 0 Answers ]

When I turn on the ignition the flashers signal 4 times. When running, the cig. Lighter, horn, Speedometer gauge, RPM gauge, and signals do not work. Bra light stays on. Why?

2003 Harley Davidson Electra glide standard [ 1 Answers ]

Making a high pitch squealing noise when you let off the throttle are when gearing down

Shifting problem Harley 2011 electra glide limited [ 0 Answers ]

Went to go in a ride on my 2011 Harley electra glide limited and found that I could shift from neutral to 1st and back again beyond that it wouldn't shift into any of the other 5 gears. It doesn't even feel as if its trying to shift. The bike has 16,000 on it and has the 103 inch. Transmission has...

2005 Hyubdai Sonata does not start even though the starter is working OK [ 1 Answers ]

The battery and the starter seem to be OK. Drove the car to work before x-mas after work it wouls not start. Checked the spark plugs they were dry, so I got a new fuel filter and fuel pump, but the car still will not start. I also checked the fuse box and all were OK. What next?

View more questions Search