Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Unknown14 Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Apr 26, 2018, 02:46 PM
    Question
    Does anyone know what the legal age to have sex in australia is?

Hypothetical question if you are at legal age to have sex and someone come into your room uninvited and does things to you but you are to afraid to say anything to them is that considered consent?
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Apr 26, 2018, 02:50 PM
    Generally 16, but 17 is a few places.
    https://aifs.gov.au/cfca/publications/age-consent-laws

for the rest of your question, that would be considered rape.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Apr 26, 2018, 07:20 PM
    Yes, it is rape, and age does not matter
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Apr 26, 2018, 08:12 PM
    No, that is not considered consent. It is rape, pure and simple.
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Apr 27, 2018, 03:50 PM
    Being too afraid to say no doesn't mean you said yes. This person didn't ask if it was OK, they didn't ask if you wanted to have sex. They snuck into your room and did what they wanted without your consent. That's rape.
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Apr 28, 2018, 04:22 AM
    I'm guessing this really isn't "hypothetical" and really happened. In which case the authorities need to be called on the individual that did it.

May 4, 2018, 08:20 AM
    So if I'm under the legal age and they are way over then that's illegal right?
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

May 4, 2018, 09:08 AM
    Yes it is illegal, and immoral, and you should certainly let a trusted, responsible adult know what this someone is doing so they can HELP you. Saying nothing is NOT an option, saying NO to them is the way to go. Do both, say NO, and tell a responsible trusted adult like your mom.

Now you KNOW what to do...questions?

May 4, 2018, 02:18 PM
    Question I live with my sister parents not around, this person said if I don't do what he says and I report it then they will remove me from her care. Would that happen?
    Expert

May 4, 2018, 03:02 PM
    Does this person live with you and your sister?

May 4, 2018, 03:22 PM
    No he doesn't live with us just comes over
    Expert

May 4, 2018, 03:25 PM
    No, you won’t be removed from your sister unless she continues to let him come over.
    Expert

May 4, 2018, 04:22 PM
    It's very important your sister know what kind of person she is dating and allowing in her home to molest you. He counts on your fear of him to keep his pedophile behavior a secret, so he can keep doing it. He will ruin both your lives. She may well be in shock and disbelief, and angry as well, not so much you, but herself for being fooled, and him for being a predator. You need to understand that and be prepared, because you really do need to tell her. I am pretty sure you don't want to stay where you are not safe and protected, anyway right? I expect big sis to do the right thing by little sis, and I think she will.

May 8, 2018, 10:31 AM
    It's not my sisters husband its his brother. It's very hard for me to find the words to say anything to her. I can't even imagine how she would react or her husband. He said they would never believe me over him. What if he's right. My thought was to just threaten him with the police being under age and all.
    Expert

May 8, 2018, 10:45 AM
    "So and so keeps coming in my room and messing with me, and told me no one would believe me if I told on him". Or scream your lungs out next time he comes in your room. Or ask your sister for a lock for your door so that so and so cannot sneak in because he touches you.

I know it's not an easy thing to do, but it will never stop unless you find the words and courage to speak up for yourself.

May 13, 2018, 09:20 AM
    He was right they didn't believe me. He must have known I was goinv to say something and told them some story, my sister gave me a big speech about making up lies about people because I'm angry at them. But one bonus my sister did put a lock on my door. Problem solved, it works he tried to come in last night and couldn't. Thank you for the answers very helpful
    Expert

May 13, 2018, 11:47 AM
    I am glad you made some progress that worked for you. If nothing else you have made everyone aware of the situation and they did act. Glad there was no anger. Glad he knows you are not afraid of him, nor will be his helpless victim. Be proud of yourself as we are, and eventually, so shall your sister. No doubt she is watching even after the lecture.

Stay alert and take care of yourself.
    Grace2005 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 20, 2018, 02:01 AM
    If you don't consent it is considered rape in America

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Question about html/css and linking local files a question of security. [ 1 Answers ]

I'm sorry for this total noob question, but I'd rather be safe than sorry. (ive only been coding for like 2 weeks) I am making a joke website for my brothers birthday using notepad++ and my limited knowledge. It won't ever be a live website and only he will have access to it. I am currently in...

Three year old won't answer a question, he only repeats the question... any thoughts? [ 7 Answers ]

I have three children who have never had any learning troubles however I babysit 2 kids each day that seem to be a little socially awkward. The oldest (age 5 1/2) won't look me in the eye and can't follow a multi-step instruction. The younger (age 3) has never been able to answer a question I ask...

Management Accounts Question: Variance Question? [ 0 Answers ]

I was wondering if someone could help me with a problem I'm having. The Q is as follows; McCauleys Ltd uses a standard costing system and has produced the following production information for the month of June 2010. Standard Actual Sales (units) 10,000 10,000 Sales price per unit £30 £32...

To submit a question, where is the Question Template to be found? [ 5 Answers ]

When I attempt to print a hard copy from mail received, via my INBOX. The following error template appears... Internet Explorer Script Error Line : 2021 Char : 1 Error : Unspecified Code : 0 URL : ...

View more questions Search