Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tomvick Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 25, 2018, 12:34 PM
    23 year old community service
    I live in Florida and have for the past 10 years
    I just found out I owe NJ 90 hours of community service from 1996
    Will Florida allow me to do it here and get it over with if NJ agrees or do they not get involved in something like that?
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Apr 25, 2018, 12:43 PM
    Talk with your (or a) PO about this. Usually something can be worked out.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Apr 25, 2018, 03:29 PM
    That is something the court and/or PO will have to agree to. Normally the local courts have agreements with specific non profit or require certain work.

So you will first have to address that it is all needed, if it is still even open. If it was not done, normally they violate that agreement and send it back to the court for punishment
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Apr 25, 2018, 05:08 PM
    How did you hear you owe community service from years ago? Generally you or a lawyer will have to appear before a judge and get it straightened out. They usually issue a warrant for probation violations.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can get community service of I can't pay probation? [ 3 Answers ]

I'm on probation for a year and own 1500 dollars in fines, driving on suspended license. My daughter is only 4 weeks old. I have to pay 153.00 a month and I can't find a job anywhere. On top of this, I have 3 other children and no one around to care for them, my boyfriend works 2-10pm. Is there any...

How can I do the community service. [ 3 Answers ]

Hi I'm living in canada. I have to do 20 hours community service. I didn't get any right place to do the community service. But I'm working one of the timhorten. I can donate my 20 hours salary. To any Cancer Foundation or some think like tat. It's possible to do that? Please give me advice.

Community service [ 2 Answers ]

When sentenced to community service, can this be deferred and performed 6 months later, and must it be performed in the county where the crime was committed?

Looking for community service [ 5 Answers ]

I live in West Michigan and I need to find some community service for my little sister. She has to do 10 hours for a class assignment and I have no idea where to start. She is 14going on 15 if that matters. Please help. Thank you!

Community Service [ 3 Answers ]

This may sound stupid and all but, a few months ago I came across a dog that was being badly abused and starved... so I notified the animal cops. It has been a few months now and the dog is still left to die, they did nothing about it. Well... I now find myself wanting to do something, like...

View more questions Search