Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    AnneNettie Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Apr 24, 2018, 03:13 PM
    Why did Jesus pray for God's will to be done on earth as it is in heaven?
    What is the meaning of those words to his followers in Matthew 6:10?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Apr 24, 2018, 07:23 PM
    That God's will and not man's will be what happens. Man has free will and may do what they wish to do. Which is often what happen, At the fall, Satan walks the earth and mankind follows him often. So we pray for God's will to be what happens.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Do we pray to Jesus or to God? [ 79 Answers ]

If the SON and the FATHER are one and the same, yet different (a concept which I am still not able to understand fully), whom do we pray to. Should I pray to Jesus? Or, should I pray to a Christian God?

Was Heaven created before Earth [ 24 Answers ]

Yes or No And if Heaven was created along with earth on the same days where did God go before all creation? Because in the beginning Satan tempted Adam and Eve so I was thinking that Heaven was created before Earth because Heavens forever and Satan was one of Gods angels... Also how did God...

Did jesus die so we can pray to god [ 17 Answers ]

Did Jesus die so we can pray to GOD

Jesus goes to Heaven [ 2 Answers ]

Jesus dies and goes up to Heaven. The first thing he does is look for his father, as he has never met the man before and is curious as to what he looks like, and whether Jesus looks like his mother or father, etc. He looks high and low but cannot find him. He asks St. Peter "Where is my...

View more questions Search