Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    pastor1189 Posts: 1,538, Reputation: 3
    Ultra Member

Apr 24, 2018, 01:10 PM
    Leaking Garden Hose
    Hose was leaking. Cut off end and use a mending hose kit.
    But even with the hose clamp it still leaks. Possibly I have to re position the hose clamp. The female fitting is in the entire way?
    Attached Images

Ultra Member

Apr 24, 2018, 03:29 PM
    Thank you so much. The garden hose kit is brand new. But it leaks.
    The hose clamp maybe is in the wrong area.
    massplumber2008 Posts: 12,832, Reputation: 1212
    Senior Plumbing Expert

Apr 24, 2018, 10:38 PM
    Hi P1189,

Definitely need a hose washer (or the female hose connector cracked and needs to be replaced)...belongs in between the female hose connector and the outside faucet threads... should resolve the issue.

Mark
    Ultra Member

Apr 25, 2018, 01:30 AM
    Thanks
    massplumber2008 Posts: 12,832, Reputation: 1212
    Senior Plumbing Expert

Apr 25, 2018, 05:03 PM
    Looking at this a little closer, I would move the clamp higher... move it up to about an 1/8th inch from the end of the hose. Install new hose washer and then see if all is resolved. If not, you may need a new adapter...

Mark

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Garden hose bib leaking into finished hardwood walkout basement [ 2 Answers ]

Why did water come onto hardwood floor of finished walkout basement after using the garden hose the first time in spring (mid May)? Temperature has been above freezing for about a month and the hose bib pipe was drained in the fall and the water was shut off over the winter. If the pipe froze and...

How do I stop leaking around the hose cuff where the hose screws in? [ 1 Answers ]

I just installed an above ground pool. I bought hoses from Home Depot because the ones that came with the pool were too short. I had to buy the hose by the foot so the ends have the coils and not the end pieces that the factory hoses have. I bought hose cuffs to screw onto the ends and then the...

Shower Hose Leaking, removed hose pipe drips [ 5 Answers ]

Previously it was leaking at the top where shower hose goes onto the threads of the pipe at top, I wrapped the threads with teflon tape so that now that part is dry, no leaking, but the hose continues to leak at the bottom (hand held piece). I totally unscrewed the shower hose from the pipe and see...

How to unscrew shower hose to cut the leaking part of hose [ 1 Answers ]

How to unscrew shower hose to cut the leaking part of hose: I found a crack or tear inside shower card near to end. I've successfully unscrew the shower head, but not able to unscrew the remaining, so that I can cut the damaged part out... it looks like new and shiney, but it's very tightout...

Forgot to unhook garden hose this winter! Water leaking outside [ 1 Answers ]

Help! I did a really stupid thing. I forgot to take off the garden hose on the outside water faucet for the winter. I just noticed today that there is a wall of ice/water dripping off the garden hose- not too much though about the size of two icicles. The weather has been above freezing so on...

View more questions Search