Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bugme Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Apr 20, 2018, 01:41 AM
    50 gal electric hot water tank (State)
    As far as the reset control, are they are the same setting or do they come in variable?
    Milo Dolezal Posts: 7,192, Reputation: 523
    Plumbing Expert

Apr 20, 2018, 09:39 AM
    Not sure I understand your question. Both Upper and Lower element have reset button. That button resets the thermostat setting for that particular element, and the temperature of each element is set with temperature dial

As far as sensitivity of the Reset Button goes - than it is preset for overheating for that particular wire. I only assume, that heat sensitivity of that sensor is set at a setting, established by safety tests and electrical Codes for that particular application, and cannot be overridden.

Hope that helps

Milo
    bugme Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Apr 23, 2018, 02:59 AM
    MY QUESTION SHOULD HAVE BEEN: As far as the reset control, are they all the same setting or do they come in variable?
    It darn sure didn't come out right :(
    I have Geo-Thermal htg&clg which also heats the EHWT. Once in a great while the reset trips on the EHWT. Besides not getting an email telling me that someone replied to my question... that makes me mad.
    Do resets come in different temperature settings? All connections are tight and both elements OHM out the same. I guess just keep an eye on it.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Apr 23, 2018, 04:45 AM
    A reset merely allows you to restart your unit and if it keeps kicking off you have a fault or unsafe condition that needs correcting. Maybe the temp control is the culprit, or ignition module, the heating elements, or a variety of other things that facilitate the heating process. They must be checked correctly and rectified, or your unit will continue to shutdown and need resetting (restarting).

The answer directly to your question is NO, resets do not come with a variable setting, it's just a safety feature to protect your unit. Please provide your model number for trouble shooting look up, or call a tech with the correct tools and training to check your system.
    Milo Dolezal Posts: 7,192, Reputation: 523
    Plumbing Expert

Apr 23, 2018, 07:47 AM
    I agree with Talaniman: you may have some kind of electrical problem and the reset button is just doing what it is designed to do. Trouble shoot your electrical wiring and check heater's heating elements

Milo

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

State select hot water heater pilot light goes off after heating one tank of water [ 1 Answers ]

Water heater pilot light goes off after heating one tank of water and has to be relite again.

Electric hot water tank [ 2 Answers ]

I have a 220v hot water tank. I want to wire it with 110v. Can I hook up just one of the elements or something like that?

Hot water tank-electric [ 5 Answers ]

Exchanged 2 week old water heater with another new one but still no hot water

View more questions Search