Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Tatla Posts: 55, Reputation: 5

Apr 19, 2018, 04:50 AM
    How to end this story?
    I am writing a story. A man named Bhinder is a very quarrelsome character in the story. He is the protagonist. He lodges complaints against the people whom he wants to twist around his fingers. He has been a teacher, and often makes students indulge in cheating and foul play to get good marks in the exams. When the fellow teachers get angry at him, not even directly, but resent in hiding, he gets to know of it, and inspires the community people to hold dharna (procession against the school) in the school campus. He is not at good terms with his wife even. I have tried to make him such a person, who uses fair or foul ways to have an upper hand in the society, school and the family, by hook or by crook.

How should I end the story? Please reply.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Apr 19, 2018, 09:03 AM
    Do you want him to "win" somehow, or do you want the students or teachers or community to finally get the upper hand?

Apr 19, 2018, 09:13 PM
    I do not want him to die, but want something such that the readers abhor him and pledge never to imitate such a person. The end should be like that of O Henry, Muppasant or Edgar Allan Poe, which should make it a masterpiece, a great literary story. I have poured my heart and soul into this story, to make it touching.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Apr 20, 2018, 08:44 AM
    The only way I could give you suggestions is if I read the story. Are you willing to send it to me? (I beta read and proofread for five writers/published authors.)
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Apr 20, 2018, 12:20 PM
    I remember the thrill of writing a short story in high school. I was so pleased with the plot - and then couldn't think of an ending. I cheated and handed in all except the last page, which I hadn't written. When the teacher told me that a page was missing, I pretended that it must have been lost (this was 1963, before computers). He gave me a look.... I went home and wrote something lame. He knew.

The reason I am telling this story is that I believe that all famous writers will say that endings are just incredibly hard to write! Do you really want other people to finish the masterpiece for you?

Apr 26, 2018, 04:04 AM
    Actually, I have written the story in Punjabi. I have given the brief of my story above. I shall appreciate, if you kindly give a perfect ending to the story. I made the protagonist, who is actually the antagonist in the story, die in the story, but that will not create catharsis, as it will be poetic justice, and no emotions will be evoked. Aristotle claims that the hero should be such a person who should have some traits, about which he has discussed in detail. Kindly provide an ending. Each member can give his own viewpoint, as to how would he end the tale, if he is writing this.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to efficiently cool a two story home if top story not used? [ 7 Answers ]

We only use the top floor for guests but we noticed that this week when we had guest over the downstairs stayed cooler (the rooms that get air last were much cooler) because we were cooling the upstairs what is the appropriate way to efficiently cool upstairs and down what temp should we set...

Twisted love story or not-such-a-sad-story? [ 2 Answers ]

I've been going out with my boyfriend for nearly 2 years now. Its been my first long term relationship and I have learnt a lot about love. In the past I was a big flirt and was never shy around boys. I only went on dates and hada few men chasing me. (not trying to sound too big headed) But this...

Please help me : an horror story but true story [ 5 Answers ]

Please this is only 1/3 of the actual story: Hi all. I ve worked at several financial institutions , this one being a pretty large bank in America. In the years I have been there we had been going through a lot of management changes. Please note: I didn't know anyone that worked there other than...

My story.. [ 16 Answers ]

Hello First of all, thanks to all the mods and admins for running such a great forum. Kip Up the good work! Now here's my story, I 've been with my girlfriend for 1.5 years. Last week she said she needed a break before we get any deeper in this relationship. I agreed and gave her some...

My story... [ 63 Answers ]

Hi everyone,I'm writing this for myself and for anyone who feels they have the time to read it. For the last few days I've been looking at posts and reading about people's relationships and problems and I must say I'm very surprised but in a way comfortable. I'm not sure why I didn't expect a lot...

View more questions Search