Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rochelle_markow Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 19, 2018, 01:57 AM
    There is a strange crackling, raining type of sound coming from behind my bathrm wall
    There is a strange crackling, raining type of sound coming from behind one of my bathroom walls. I am worried is it electrical or what is it? Is it dangerous? It just started one month ago.
    donf Posts: 5,679, Reputation: 582
    Printers & Electronics Expert

Apr 19, 2018, 03:10 AM
    Is the noise constant? Is there anything in the immediate vicinity of the noise? For example a wall switch, receptacle, or sink?

Also, it is possible that a "critter" has gotten down inside the wall cavity.

They make devices that allow you to see through the wall. I think there is one that connects to a cell phone on TV.

Or failing that you might be able to rent a tool from Lowe's or Home Depot that has you make a tiny hole in the wall and insert a camera into the cavity to see what's going on.
    Stratmando Posts: 11,188, Reputation: 508
    Uber Member

Apr 19, 2018, 07:50 AM
    Try turning off water, then Electric, then circuits 1 by 1 to further locate if electrical.
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Apr 19, 2018, 12:50 PM
    The device you are looking for is a USB endoscope, and there are free and paid apps that you use with them. The scope costs less than $20 and is a very handy device to have around. THey are less than 1/4" in diameter and many are 6 - 10 feet long.
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Apr 19, 2018, 01:22 PM
    Is it the wall where the plumbing is located?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Loud "popping" sound coming from wall outlet/lightswitch [ 5 Answers ]

We've lived in our apartment for a little over 3 years now. Since the day we moved in, The outlets in our kitchen and bathroom has made a loud popping sound every couple of Minutes or so. What could it be?

What does loud, drumming sound coming from wall behind bathroom sink with knocking. [ 3 Answers ]

What does a loud, rolling drumming sound coming from behind the wall of the bathroom sink mean? This noise was accompanied by knocking and vibrations. The water from the toilet also splashed up. No one was in the bathroom and no one had been using any water in the house at the time. Any ideas?

I have a humming sound coming from an inner wall separating the bedroom from the bath [ 1 Answers ]

I have a humming sound that comes from an inside wall separating my bathroom from the living room. You can only hear it on the bathroom side. Is this dangerous? What could it be?

Crackling sound and smoke coming from A/C compressor? [ 1 Answers ]

Here is a timeline to help explain. The problem occurs at #9 1. Last month I opened my Trane 1200XL compressor to clean out dead leaves, etc. 2. After cleaning and closing up, I reinserted the outdoor breaker. 3. Yesterday I switched thermostat to cooling mode for first time this season 4....

View more questions Search