Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    foreverromantic Posts: 177, Reputation: 1

Apr 18, 2018, 04:53 PM
    2 seniors meeting for breakfast
    I joined a writers group and met a gentleman who seemed interesting. He's been a politician, journalist, writer, actor, etc. Unfortunately, I looked up his name on the internet and there is a derogatory thing that happened many years ago against him. He asked me to breakfast and I said yes, but should I reveal to him what I know or not? It is in the back of my mind. Thank You.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Apr 18, 2018, 05:09 PM
    I'd chat and order breakfast and chat some more and get to know him (and he you). Later during the meal, I'd tell him I had Googled his name and mention several things that I had found, including the derogatory thing. Then, I'd pause wide-eyed, and wait for his reply and explanation.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Apr 18, 2018, 05:09 PM
    It happened many years ago? Let sleeping dogs lie. Don’t bring it up unless you don’t want to see him again.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Apr 18, 2018, 05:30 PM
    Why do you have to say anything? Its just breakfast and if what you found online is THAT bad then don't accept anymore offers from him.
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Apr 19, 2018, 01:26 PM
    I googled my name and found that there is a famous nuclear physicist with the same name. Maybe I should mention this on my next "senior" breakfast. Yes, senior by many years.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Breakfast meeting [ 1 Answers ]

Having a breakfast/meeting with a group of 8 pastors. How do I email them reminding them of location, time, and explaining that they are responsible for their own bill? PS I am sending menu for restaurant too.

Need Breakfast! [ 8 Answers ]

I am very hungry and I rarely ever eat breakfast, any suggestions, recipes?

How's breakfast? [ 3 Answers ]

5. I was performing rounds at the hospital one morning and while checking up on a woman I asked, 'So how's your breakfast this morning?' 'It's very good, except for the Kentucky Jelly. I can't seem to get used to the taste' the patient replied. I then asked to see the jelly and the woman produced a...

Healthier Breakfast [ 6 Answers ]

I was just wondering does anyone know which is healthier; Having a greasy breakfast (full english style at about 7:30am) Or Not having any breakfast at all (so getting up at about the same time, but not eating until midday!) J

View more questions Search