Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    harryattwood12 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 18, 2018, 09:12 AM
    If a study is performing bench press exercises to analyse muscle activity is this a q
    Completing a systematic review on the analysis of muscle activity on the bench press, I have 15 studies and I have to find out whether they are Qualitative, quantitative (non-randomized), quantitative (descriptive), or mixed methods!

One example of a study summarized for you is:
    Study and date Participation Information Objective Method Muscles used Results
    Pirauá et al., (2017) 14 (males).
    Age = 22.5±2.4 years, height = 173.6±7.10cm, body mass = 76.03±9.02kg.
    Experienced in resistance training for a least six months.
    To compare the EMG activity of the upper limb and shoulder girdle muscles in a resistance training session involving the pre activation method in stable and unstable conditions. Subjects performed 10 reps of stable or unstable dumbbell fly at 30% 1RM, and barbell bench press was executed at 60% of 1RM until concentric failure. The 1 RM test was performed for both exercises and, in case of dumbbell fly, on both surfaces. Two-way ANOVA for repeated measures indicated that the pre-activation method performed on both surfaces raised the EMG activity for all muscles. Pectoralis major, deltoid anterior, triceps brachii, serratus anterior No differences were observed between the stable and unstable conditions. These results indicate that the execution of a previous exercise increase cannot be attributed to the pre-activation method but rather to the completion of two consecutive exercises.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Apr 18, 2018, 02:40 PM
    Your key lies in the understanding of the meaning of qualitative, and quantitative, and knowing the difference.

https://www.snapsurveys.com/blog/qua...tive-research/

As per your example, a small specific sample size, with data being produced, a result is given. What kind of analysis is this?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Activity-Based Costing /Activity Cost pools [ 6 Answers ]

Hello, I need some help with trying to figure out how to calculate the overhead cost per unit. I have computed the Activity rate as well as the overhead applied for both products. The following is the info provided: Product / Direct Labor hours / annual prod. ...

Bench press [ 8 Answers ]

How should bench press be done? Right now I'm doing 4 sets of 10 reps at 50 pounds. Do I increase the weight after each set or start at about 100 pounds and decrease the weight after each set. What would be best to do to build mass?

View more questions Search