Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tableclocks Posts: 432, Reputation: 2

Apr 17, 2018, 07:34 PM
    How to over ride push button start
    Thinking about a 18 exployer, xlt, pust button start, is there a way to start the car if the push button start stops working? Tks
    Stratmando Posts: 11,188, Reputation: 508
    Uber Member

Apr 19, 2018, 07:47 AM
    May be similar to an Ignition Switch Failure. Repairing is the solution. Bypassing and overriding is possible. Do they have a high failure rate. Google your vehicle and Push button start failure, see if you get a lot of results? If not too pricey, carry a spare?
    tableclocks Posts: 432, Reputation: 2

Apr 19, 2018, 08:11 AM
    What good is a spare If the push button don't work
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Apr 19, 2018, 12:47 PM
    Its under warranty, get the dealer to mess with it, it's a 2018, its not even a year old yet.
    Stratmando Posts: 11,188, Reputation: 508
    Uber Member

Apr 23, 2018, 06:04 AM
    What good is a Spare? Usually New Spare Push Button Switch should work. Please don't carry a Broken Spare Switch. Do you feel that Switch is the Next/First thing to fail. They Must have a high Failure Rate if it has you worried, There are hundreds of different things on a car that can fail, to prevent the car from starting/Running.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Push button start [ 2 Answers ]

My new car has a key fob that has to be near the car and a push button start. I trust I've explained that sufficiently - ? I did notice that I had to literally be on top of the car in order to "pop" the trunk. Did I do anything? No. Yesterday AM went out, nothing when I pressed the starter...

Kenmore dishwasher doesn't want to start when I push the start button [ 0 Answers ]

Have to keep opening and pushing the buttons trying to make it start

My dryer won't start when I push the start button [ 3 Answers ]

My dryer won't start when I push the start button

Convert key start mower to push button start [ 3 Answers ]

I have a Snapper riding mower. The pull start motor went out and I bought a key start motor that works and fits it. However, I would like to convert it from a key start to a push button start. Can anyone give me instructions on how to do this?

Kenmore dryer won't start when I push the start button [ 1 Answers ]

Kenmore dryer won't start when I push the start button

View more questions Search