Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    1olman Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 15, 2018, 01:25 PM
    Baby strength
    How much force does it take (my 20 month old kid) to move a 165 lb adult in a office chair with casters (say 1ft) across a tiled floor?
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Apr 15, 2018, 01:43 PM
    Sounds suspiciously like homework, and last minute homework too with it being Sunday, so what do you think and how would you go about it.

Site rules require you to show us what you have and how you went about it.
    ebaines Posts: 12,131, Reputation: 1307
    Expert

Apr 15, 2018, 02:22 PM
    Clearly NOT a homework problem.

The answer depends on the amount of friction in the casters. In an ideal world where you might be able to ignore friction it takes an infinitessimally small force to get the chair moving, as long as you don’t care how slowly the chair accelerates. Now, if you want to specify that the child gets the chair moving at some known velocity, say 1 m/s, in either a specified amount of time (5 seconds?) or distance (2 meters?) then we can help give a more precise answer.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Apr 16, 2018, 06:36 AM
    Very little force. The toddler even has the height advantage, just the right angle. Good practice for the next several years, as the kid shows unimaginable powers. All very normal.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Strength [ 2 Answers ]

Im 16 weight 180 I have two 25 pound dummbells what workout do I do an how many sets idont want to lose weight only gain

Building arm strength [ 4 Answers ]

What exercises do I need to focus on to build arm strength for throwing a baseball?

Mental Strength [ 4 Answers ]

How to be mentally strong? I am tensed about myself... whether I would be able to handle situations in life ahead or not? I am not able to gain confidence on my abilities. What should we do to develop a strong mentality? It is said that we should not tell our weaknesses to others. But how to...

View more questions Search