Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    moblo1 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 15, 2018, 09:47 AM
    John deere jx.75
    Mower starts, but the chock seems on. Will only run with choke on. When I back the lever to idle, the mower chokes. I can't seem to figure the linkage out.
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Apr 15, 2018, 12:47 PM
    That sounds like fuel starvation. You probably park this for extended time with fuel in the tank. You probably have varnish buildup in the jets causing a lean condition. Few ways to solve this. Take it apart and clean it.. or put the right additives in the fuel and run it. I am a HUGE fan of BG44k, its expensive but is worth every penny (put half can in your tank and fill it up... let it run. Put the rest in your car, let it do its magic there too. Or you can get a can of Seafoam and do the same... not as good, but it works too. If that doesn't work, you can tear it apart to clean.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

John deere how to install transmission drive belt in C111HL John Deere tractor [ 1 Answers ]

Need step by step to to install transmission drive belt in C111HL John Deere Tractor

John Deere 318 not getting gas [ 3 Answers ]

I have a john deere 318 and I have replaced the fuel pump and clean out the gas tank and put new gas in and I am not getting gas to the carbeurator. It cranks up hwen I put some gas in the carbuerator but only stays running for a few seconds

John Deere 318 [ 1 Answers ]

I have a John Deere 318 with an Onan engine. When I try to move the mower it wants to die after the hydrostat safety switch is released. If I "tie" down the safety switch I can drive it, but it dies as I hit the mowing deck. Any hints on what to replace? Thanks, Rod Hite

View more questions Search