Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    wrestling97girl Posts: 14, Reputation: 1

Apr 14, 2018, 12:17 AM
    Does the girlfriend of my guyfriend want to be friends or only nice because of him?
    My guy friend ( of around 8 years we wrestled on the same team gr 6-12,he was the team captain of the high school wrestling team I wrestled on, now he’s a university wrestler and I’m a female middle school wrestling coach) has a girlfriend he’s been dating for around 4 years. I think of her as also being my friend and she’s always been friendly towards me but when I see her with him its like she’s a good friend of mine and I enjoy hanging out with both of them but when he’s not around it’s like she’s a friend of a friend.
    So lately it’s seemed like she isn’t actually my friend but is just nice to me because I’m friends with her boyfriend. Which is annoying because I don’t have very many girlfriends ( I am a bit shy and she’s really outgoing) and I think of her boyfriend as a good friend ( and like an older brother to me,even though he’s the same age as me). Also after high school most of my friends moved away ( and he’s away at university, home during holidays, some weekends, and summer) but her and I both still live in our small hometown so we see each other often. ( the 3 of us are age 20, turning 21 this year).
    So do you think we are friends, how do I become better friends with her, is she jealous of my friendship with her boyfriend?
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Apr 14, 2018, 04:24 AM
    I think you are just acquaintances because of your guy friend. Best buddies? Hardly and after all this time it's probably as good as it's going to get, until you are ready to shed some shyness and explore being better friends, without your guy friend. If all you have in common is your friend, then you haven't gotten past acquaintances.

Your shy around other girls? Hard to make new friends that way. Engage her beyond your guy friend and find out if you can be friends. Friends is a two way street you know. You can't expect others to always put forth the effort can you?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What nice thing can I do for my girlfriend? [ 19 Answers ]

Well she's two months pregnant and her and I have not been getting along mostly cause of mood swings, etc. So I'm trying to do something nice for her to get her to enjoy herself and not be stressed out. I have some money, not rich, but... and I would do dinner but she's always been concerned about...

Nice guy with different personalities and stupid friends ! HELP [ 1 Answers ]

Hi there Well I met this lovely guy in one of my trips, I was studying abroad and as life is unpredictable I tried live the moment and enjoy as much as I could And I told him that. He introduce me to his family straight away and they were really nice and I get along with them really...

Am I a nice girlfriend, or am I just trying too hard? [ 4 Answers ]

I do so much for my boyfriend, whether they are small things, or huge favors. My feelings for him are very strong and honestly I love him very much. But lately I have been noticing how much I do for that boy and get nothing in return. The things I do for him are simple things whether it be making...

Girlfriend has a new guyfriend [ 3 Answers ]

I've been going out with my girlfriend for a year and a few months ago she met a guy online who lives 500 miles away and suppossedly has a girlfriend. Everything was still great until she thought that I stole her password account to Facebook. So she decided to have him post loveletters on her wall...

View more questions Search