Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Rick Erwin Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 12, 2018, 03:50 AM
    Hi, I replaced a complete spindle assembly and diverter valve on a symmons shower val
    Hi, I replaced a complete spindle assembly and diverter valve on a symmons shower valve. When I got finished the diverter went from low pressure water to the tub when moved to the right, shower in the middle straight down, left turns on shower and tub at the same time. Customer is yelling that it's more broken than it was before. Everything is brand new. Van you tell me what's wrong? I put it all together exactly correctly
    massplumber2008 Posts: 12,832, Reputation: 1212
    Senior Plumbing Expert

Apr 12, 2018, 06:01 AM
    Hi Rick

It sounds like you may have installed the wrong diverter spindle. Symmons color codes their spindles...

If this is a tub and shower valve you needed to install the WHITE diverter spindle.

If this is a shower only valve then you needed to install the BLACK diverter spindle.

Post back...

Mark

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Replaced the whole gas valve assembly, and still no gas to pilot valve. [ 2 Answers ]

I replaced the whole gas valve assembly. Checked the voltage according to the print. But I still can't get gas from the pilot valve. The model is 394gaz048I50

What is the difference between Symmons TA-25A and TA-25B diverter spindle? [ 1 Answers ]

My problem is not enough hot water mix, even though the anti scaled adjustment is set to full hot. This diverter is within a tub spout shower mixer valve. What is the difference between Symmons TA-25A and TA-25B diverter spindle?

I have replaced my gerber shower diverter valve and seat, but it keeps leaking. What [ 0 Answers ]

My Gerber shower diverter vale stem broke and I have replaced it and the seat as well, but it is now leaking. What can I do to fix it?

Symmons valve spindle replacement? [ 1 Answers ]

My symmons temptrol valve does not let hot water through. Actually it is just a dribble when put to all hot. I removed the spindle & seat then cleaned them but it was not much of an improvement. Should I just replace these parts?

Symmons shower diverter spindle [ 0 Answers ]

Hi,I have just replaced my Symmons shower diverter spindle again(TA-25A)because of a leak and now have a new problem. I have to replace this diverter spindle every year or so because the plastic on the end by the o-ring cracks and it leaks water down through the first floor ceiling.The problem now...

View more questions Search