Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kokocorn Posts: 25, Reputation: 1

Apr 11, 2018, 01:45 AM
    Scoliosis pain relief
    I am 62 yrs old. Have had scoliosis since my teens. It never bothered me much before but this year it's gotten worse. My doctor has sent me to physical therapy which didn't help much. I've gone to acupuncture which helped a little bit. This week, the pain in my lower back has gotten worse and I notice I'm leaning to my right. So now I have burning pain in my right side by front hip. Now my doctor is sending me to an osteopath. I just wondered what methods other people have used for pain relief. Anyone else try acupuncture? My acupuncturist says to be patient and that it will take a while but should improve.
    phildesign Posts: 12, Reputation: 1

Aug 20, 2018, 03:31 PM
    You may want to look up this book:
    Back Sufferers's Bible
    Author: Sarah Key
    Ge the second edition

Great advise in how to self heal back issues.
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Aug 20, 2018, 04:00 PM
    Scoliosis is curvature of the spine; either an S curve or a C curve. There is no cure for this. One is born this way and the curvature may appear in early adulthood. Surgery is sometimes recommended but I have not heard that any has been successful, if only to a small degree. There is no 'self-healing' for this and no one should even suggest that there is.

Best advise is find what works for you to eleviate the pain and if acupuncture will help, then do it.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Nov 24, 2018, 08:01 PM
    Acupuncture, if done by someone properly trained. I have found few US doctors that have been as good as the ones I found in China where it is done all the time.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Pain relief [ 3 Answers ]

My 14 year old daughter has a(very large) fibrous mass in her abdomen possibly attached to an ovary. We are waiting for insurance to start to schedule surgery. She had been taking 800 mg ibuprofen and 1 xtra strength tylenol every 8 hours. It is not helping any more. The dr prescribed...

Pain relief [ 4 Answers ]

My dog is shaking and wining. He seems to be in pain from his feet which have been giving him a lot of trouble for the last few weeks. He doesn't want to walk anywhere. He has been to the vet twice now but they just sold me some wash. His feet seem crusty with dark patches between his pads. I have...

Any pain relief from TMJ? [ 5 Answers ]

I saw the post from Mary earlier today about TMJ, I was just diagnosed with it. The pain is comparable to labor pains. The dentist wants me to take muscle relaxer at night for a couple of weeks, then let him know if that doesn't work and he'll fit me for a mouth guard. Don't think I can wait a...

Pain relief pm [ 1 Answers ]

I have trouble sleeping at night and have had for years. I have been taking pain relief pm for years. I have to take for a night to sleep. I know this can't be good for me. Does anyone know of anything I can do that will help without taking medication. My doctor has had me on several sleeping...

View more questions Search