Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    DinoM Posts: 22, Reputation: 1

Apr 8, 2018, 03:20 PM
    Remodel-Tub/Shower combo & Toilet advice
    Looking to do a bathroom remodel. Going to put in a new tub/shower combo. Want a caulkless unit. Looking at Sterling and Aquatic A2. Sterling models are Accord or Ensemble Medley. Plumbing supply stores around me only carry the Sterling Ensemble Medley units for above the floor drain. Tub will be 60" L and 30" W. Surround walls will be between 74" or higher.

Anybody have experience with either of these? They are very similar in features (caulkless, solid material, installs to studs) and price. Aquatic is now owned by Sterling, but wondering if the design and material used in one model is a lot better than the other.

As far as toilet, want an elongated bowl and chair-height (ADA). Think I've decided on TOTO, either the Drake or Drake II. Biggest difference between the two are 1.6 vs. 1.28 gpf and G-Max vs. Dual Cyclone flush systems, respectively.

Your thoughts are appreciated!
    Milo Dolezal Posts: 7,192, Reputation: 523
    Plumbing Expert

Apr 10, 2018, 07:54 PM
    Hello DinoM,

TOTO toilets are consider to be the best toilets on market. They are a bit more expensive, but work well. The 16 1/2" to 17" height is very popular these days. It used to be called "handicapped" toilet and required by ADA to be installed in all commercial applications. Today, it is called "Comfortable Height" toilet as its usage expanded to residential applications. In my area of operation, and as of Jan.1, 2017, the 1.28 gal per flush toilets are now mandated by the Code. You have to have one installed if you want to pass Building Inspection or sell your house

As far as the tub/shower combo pre-fab units go ...... we have installed quite a few of those over the years. Sterling brand is leader in the prefab tub/shower industry. If I am not mistaken, they are now owned by KOHLER, which adds to their credibility. I am not familiar with the particular models you are listing, but I think you are "safe" with Sterling brand

Hope that helps

Milo

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Plumbing diagram for a tub and shower combo, vanity and toilet [ 4 Answers ]

Plumbing diagram for bathroom with tub and shower cobo, vanity and toilet

We remodel our kitchen and want to buy new double ovens and microwave or combo. [ 0 Answers ]

I viewed many brand and I am confused very much! I also scared because I see consumer compliant almost about all brands. I look in viking, kitchen aid bousch double oven but now Iam not sure what is the best and most reielble. I am flixable in term of size because we ar in the plannng stage for...

Shower remodel [ 1 Answers ]

We recently moved into a 30+ year old house that has a 3x3.5x5' tiled shower enclosure. I believe that the pan is a mud floor, but it is covered in 1" ceramic tiles, and appears rather amateurish. The problem is that we have found leakage through the shower wall, and damage to the greenboard...

Turning walking shower stall into bathtub/shower combo. [ 4 Answers ]

Question: Current shower drain (2" pipe) runs 5 feet, under slab, to vent stack (5" cast iron vent pipe) of toilet. Will need to move the drain 3ft to wall for new tub. After moving the drain, the complete length of the pipe will still be around 5 feet. We will have to reduce the drain line...

Shower remodel [ 4 Answers ]

I'm updating a 50 year old bathroom. I intend to put in a 36x36 Florestone shower pan, with the walls done in Corian. A shower was formerly in place built from scratch by a tilesetter on a slab foundation. I've removed all tile, vertical mortar, and the mortar bed, leaving a drain connection...

View more questions Search