Kevvkevv Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 8, 2018, 09:16 AM
    Stack
    How far can a vent stack pipe be from the last fixture
    massplumber2008 Posts: 12,832, Reputation: 1212
    Senior Plumbing Expert

Apr 8, 2018, 01:36 PM
    Hi Kevvkevv

It depends on the fixture, it also depends on if it is a single fixture vent, a whole bathroom group vent, or a wet vent venting multiple fixtures. If this is actually a VENT STACK only and it has no fixtures connected to it then distance isn't really a factor in most cases.

Anyway, need more details here. What fixture or fixtures are you talking about and believe it or not we also need to know what state you are in as most states have different vent distance requirements?

Back to you...

Mark

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Wet and dry vent stack? [ 3 Answers ]

Sewer gas comes up in the basement when upstairs shower used -- but only in the winter? Main floor bath and kitchen water do not cause any problems.

Vent stack [ 1 Answers ]

Can the vent stack have a horizontal run to exit the building

Hole in pvc stack [ 20 Answers ]

I must have accidentally drilled a small hole through the wall of the basement bathroom I was redoing right into the main PVC stack that drains all of the appliances form upstairs including the kitchen sink, upstairs bathroom, toilet etc. I can see where water is dripping/spraying out of the...

Connection to stack [ 12 Answers ]

Getting ready to tie in the drain pipes for a new bathroom into my existing soil stack. Before I cut into it, I wanted to make sure that what I have in mind will be acceptable. Because of the fittings already on the stack, there is not a whole lot of room to add on without dropping kind of low. ...

View more questions Search