Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jammy23 Posts: 545, Reputation: 0

Apr 7, 2018, 06:17 AM
    New iPod vs first iPhone
    I have an iPod but never had an iPhone. I'm a senior (very senior) with difficulty
    Understanding much of the vocabulary today. The thing is, I sat on my Ipod
    Touch (ouch) cracked it... and have been living with it that way for a year. I
    Thought I'd go to. Best Buy and get another but there are some things I really
    Want:

GPS
    Texting
    Longer battery life: I play one particular word game every single day... often but the
    Battery goes so fast.

I really don't need a phone. I have a flip phone and use it maybe once every two
    Months. I read Consumer Cellular is senior friendly... I don't want to go to bed
    With it, I just want to enjoy it without too many complications. Must I have wifi
    To make it work. I take MetroNorth to the city a few times a month and the
    Battery dies enroute an dI have no reception.

Anyone want to tackle all my questions?? Thank you
    noseyrosey Posts: 5, Reputation: 2

Apr 10, 2018, 08:44 AM
    I've had an Ipod and an Iphone. (few iphones actually).
    The IPOD is EXACTLY just like an Iphone. The only difference is the IPOD does NOT have Phone service. So when you get an iPhone it looks exactly like your IPOD does, but you will notice you now have a telephone app on there so you can make phone calls.

The battery should be better on an Iphone. I always thought my Ipod battery drained too fast. Not sure why. Maybe smaller since there is no phone capacity?

I say get the Iphone, and you will gladly see there is no change to what you already have used with your Ipod.

Also, if you have an ITunes account already saved up- you can transfer all your apps to your Iphone. When you get your Iphone, you will set it up and log in with your iTunes login info and it will pull all your apps over to your new phone :) So your game you play, should be there.

Hope this helps!
    jammy23 Posts: 545, Reputation: 0

Apr 11, 2018, 11:08 AM
    Wow.. thank you for your detailed reply... I have decided to get the Iphone8
    And share a line with someone close. My decision is also based on getting
    A GPS

I had no idea about transferring my stuff over and I def will try it as you
    Suggested.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to turn off shuffle in iPhone iPod [ 0 Answers ]

I want an option to turn off shuffle in iPhone's iPod. Because it plays the song in shuffle which I don't want. Is there any way how the songs can be played in alphabetical order.

Can an iPhone pick up what an iPod is doing ? [ 4 Answers ]

Can the iPhone receive stuff that's going on with the iPod that its connected to ? So if someone has the ipohone, will if someone uses the iPod, the person with the iPhone see this ?

IPod touch is ALMOST an iPhone [ 3 Answers ]

Yes the iPod touch can make phone calls but one thing in having trouble with is getting a mic... I want one of the ones that are not a bunch of wires and install easly..? It HAS TO work with Voip ( the app on touch that let's you call people. I don't want to buy it from inline so if you know some...

Iphone/ipod touch [ 4 Answers ]

I have an iPod touch and when I take it to school I want to connect to the internet/wifi but there is no connection. I was mainly wondering if there is any small wifi type thing I can plug into the usb port or something that will give me wifi on my touch. All the computers have just normal internet...

View more questions Search