Ask
    jtalbotjr Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 4, 2018, 12:31 PM
    How to seal a offset toilet flange
    How to seal a offset toilet flange
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Apr 4, 2018, 05:20 PM
    Here are a couple of videos that may help. Start with this one as there are a few to review.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=axJGfMQ_gYA

A good wax ring is generally enough if the flange or offset flange is the proper height to allow the toilet to be as flush as possible to the floor. Or did you mean some sort of caulking around the toilet base? Please clarify and feel free to ask for any follow up help.
    Milo Dolezal Posts: 7,192, Reputation: 523
    Plumbing Expert

Apr 4, 2018, 06:08 PM
    What is leaking: water during the flush, or you can smell sewer gas ? Please, clerify

Back to you

Milo
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Apr 5, 2018, 09:08 PM
    Offset flanges either solvent weld over the closet pipe or push down into the pipe. Leaking where?
    Milo Dolezal Posts: 7,192, Reputation: 523
    Plumbing Expert

Apr 10, 2018, 08:00 PM
    The flanged wax rings do not work well with off-set toilet flanges. Use regular "skinny" wax ring, or two, if required. Center wax ring on the closet ring ( or on the bottom of the bowl - if that is what you prefer ) and slowly set bowl over the bolts. The bowl should not hit the floor right away; you should feel a bit of the wax ring resistance when pushing down the bowl. If the bowl goes down to the floor right away, add second wax ring

Hope that helps

Milo

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Installing toilet on offset flange [ 8 Answers ]

How do I install toilet on PVC offset flange with clip for bolt on one side? Does the wax ring keep the bolt from coming out? Will the wax ring fall in on that narrow edge?

Offset toilet flange [ 5 Answers ]

I went to replace a toilet and it has an offset toilet flange and the slots are on three sides the other side had a plastic extension for the bolt with is broken. I believe it is all pvc. I went to a plumbing store and he said you can't just put a ring on top of it. I looked on line and that is...

Toilet offset flange [ 3 Answers ]

Builder installed the waste pipe about 4 inches off-center. This made it too close to a half-wall. Instead of moving the pipe, the toilet drain is partially blocked by the flooring. There is no leak but it doesn't flush solids properly. A plumber told us we would have to rip up and replace all our...

Toilet Offset Flange [ 2 Answers ]

I am replacing a toilet and need to move the waste line about 1 inch. How can I install an offset toil flange over existing one. Can I glue a new pvc offset flange into existing toilet flange / wasteline? My wasteline is 3" PVC.

Installing offset toilet flange [ 1 Answers ]

The 2x10 floor joist in right in the middle of where I want the center of the flange to be, how much of the floor joist can I legally remove so the offset flange will fit?

View more questions Search