Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    foreverromantic Posts: 177, Reputation: 1

Apr 1, 2018, 04:26 PM
    Re: People in my condo
    The condo I live in has no social events anymore. I have been here for over 25 years.
    We used to have live shows come to our auditorium at one time; someone to show movies or classes in something. Now nothing. Everything has changed. Through the years I lost most of my friends here by them moving away or dying. I go out daily and try to plan events for myself. Also in Fall and Winter take a class at a University, but I go alone because I can't find anyone who wants to go. I did at one time, but she is no longer interested in classes.
    Volunteered for two years. I would like to again, but I need something mind "stimulating".
    I also just joined a dating website to see if I could meet a "Platonic type friend." I did this once before, but got nowhere. In Volunteering and in Senior type clubs... I have done it all.
    Only women attend. It should be a "mixed group".
    Any suggestions?
    Thanks.
    teacherjenn4 Posts: 4,005, Reputation: 468
    Education Expert

Apr 1, 2018, 07:47 PM
    Do you have a local senior center? If so, do they have planned outings? Our local senior center has planned outings. Our little cal Women’s club has monthly outings and everyone in the community is welcome to attend. Have you branched out with volunteering to pack boxes for deployed military? Have you volunteered at running events? Handing out water and snacks and packing boxes for military pulls in a wider group of volunteers. Hundreds of people show up, all different ages. Continue what you’re doing, or organize events yourself. My mother in law planned a community trip to a training center for guide dogs. It was so popular, they needed to hire two buses. Remember that meeting new people can help you make new friends and they can introduce you to others.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Apr 2, 2018, 07:09 AM
    Maybe it's your turn to get to know your neighbors by knocking on every door and seeing if they have an interest in some condo events and happenings. A clip board, paper and pen, is all you need. Never know you might click with someone, or get a good idea,.

Talaniman Rule - If you want something to happen, then make it happen.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Men and women get tortured and captured over seas, rich people pay to torture people. [ 2 Answers ]

Two people escape from this building a white man and a chinese woman, they escape to a train station. The woman was badly burned in her eye. She see's herself in a mirror and decided not to live anymore and jumps in front of a train.

I live on the top floor condo of a 3 floor condo building. [ 6 Answers ]

My neighbor below me says that when I take a bath, water leaks through her exhaust fan onto the floor. This only happens when I take a bath, not when I take a shower every morning. I tried letting out a little water at a time which seems to help, but not always. I asked my condo assn. mgnt. And...

Fellow condo owner not paying condo or any fees [ 4 Answers ]

Hi all.. Hey, have a situation here with 3 condominiums, 2 pay all bills on time the other is about 5 months behind on all bills. This is rough as he has finally fallen behind enough to have tapped out the reserves and next month we (the other 2 condo owners) will finally have to start dipping...

View more questions Search