Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    gpascha Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 31, 2018, 06:03 PM
    Law & Restitution
    Recently, I married someone who was convicted of a cold case after their was tampering of his jury by judge and DA (yes, we will be appealing to Second Apellate and winning his New Trial Motion, which means whole new new trial), but meanwhile I want to know can they go after me his recent spouse for his restitution?

I bought the property alone with my own wits and hard work.

I don't know how restitution works since he was just sentenced...

Sincerely,
    Ms. G
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Apr 1, 2018, 01:25 PM
    Laws often vary by state so providing yours would be helpful. Community property states often hold both spouses responsible for restitution and child support payments, in the form of wage garnishments, or liens against property.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Apr 1, 2018, 03:48 PM
    Also do you keep joint money? Was his money used for house payments or down payments (part of it ?)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Restitution [ 4 Answers ]

How can I go back to court to reduce my restitution to move to another state

Restitution [ 1 Answers ]

Court ordered a date on when I have to pay my restitution which is 180.00, I have no had the chance to pay it so they reopened a court date will they put me in jail and is that probation violation?

Restitution [ 2 Answers ]

I'm on a deversion program and have to pay restitution but I'm currently unemployed. I recently did my income tax but I didn't make enough back from my income tax and can't pay the full amount I can pay half because of my childeren I won't be able to support them if I have to pay the full amount...

Iowa law on restitution can they law suit money for restitution [ 1 Answers ]

If you na law siut can they take that money and aply it to your restitution

What happens if I can't pay restitution? My restitution is $500,000 , 4,200 a month [ 3 Answers ]

I went to court and in court they asked for restitution in the amount of $500,000, in court the judge said no she couldn't grant it, there was no way I could pay that unless I won the lottery. Well I go to jail get my probation papers and the restitution is on there I'm ordered to pay the 500,000...

View more questions Search