Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    heartyangelgirl Posts: 14, Reputation: 2

Mar 31, 2018, 01:47 AM
    How can I be OK with being disliked?
    I'm not a popular person. Never have been. And one thing I've learned is that how popular you are in real life seems to shape how popular you'll be on social media too. For me, it's become pretty much a self-fulfilling prophecy, I've become just as unpopular on social media as I've always been in the real world. I think people just have a way of making accurate judgements about a person through their profile picture even if they've never met the person in real life. And it seems that no matter what I post, whether it's a picture of myself, my cat and so on, I always lose followers, as if they can't bear the sight of me or are just not interested in my life. But there's nothing I can do to become a well-liked person and win people over, so how can I learn to be OK with being disliked and accept a lifetime of having very few friends and followers?
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Mar 31, 2018, 04:28 AM
    #1. Stop worrying about social media... none of it matters in the larger picture.
    #2. Fact of life, some people are going to like you, others aren't. That's just the way it is. Not everyone is going to be interested for the same reason. And honestly... Myself. I'm not putting every detail of my life out there in the hopes someone I will never meet will be impressed.

Live your life knowing for yourself what you did made a difference if it has... live your life feeling good about what you have done to make things a little better than you found them, live your life not needing recognition for the things you have done from others.

Just be happy with yourself. If others join in...then thats icing on the cake.
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Mar 31, 2018, 08:04 AM
    In February 2016 you posted about thinking you have a psychological problem. Have you addressed this issue? Your recent post would indicate NO. Continuing like this will not change "
    it's become pretty much a self-fulfilling prophecy".
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Mar 31, 2018, 08:10 AM
    I have 100's of people who really hate me on social media, because I take a stand, on rights, on abortion, on guns, on health care and so on. But people care little on your looks, unless they are jerks or teens, and care about what you stand for and your actions.

My advice, get off social media, and worry and work in the real world. How you are, is how you believe and perceive yourself. If you are liked, it is because you like people, if you have friends, it is because you are a friend.

I often go out of my way to upset people, on social media, because I want to proclaim my "truths" as I believe them to be. It is a platform to make your opinions and beliefs known, now a life to live or worry about
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Mar 31, 2018, 09:56 AM
    Why do you need to be popular?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How do I survive school alone and disliked? [ 16 Answers ]

Hi, guess I will start with this, I'm 16 years old up until recently I was lucky and happy, I was fairly popular, good at sport and school, and even though I was too shy, awkward and boring to get a girlfriend, I think a few girls did find me attractive. However the last year has been by far the...

View more questions Search