Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    pastor1189 Posts: 1,538, Reputation: 3
    Ultra Member

Mar 30, 2018, 07:30 AM
    Auto Ac
    Mechanic worked on auto ac. Works great so far.
    Cost $123.00. Unit was overcharged. Install an a/c relay
    Final comment was; compressor seems weak on pressures?
    May need compressor in the future
    Wonder what he means??
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Mar 30, 2018, 09:29 AM
    Sounds like a rather odd combination of diagnosis to me... how did it get overcharged being first question. Had someone worked on it recently? THe weak on pressure may or may not be kind of strange depending on the type of system this car has. Expansion valve or Orifice tube. High side pressure will be low if its UNDER charged... but with an expansion valve it could be that... Orifice tube are fixed so if something happens and get restricted further, that only goes UP with pressure, not down... can't comment on the variable displacement pumps because I've never dealt with one.

Disclaimer time... I have a automotive HVAC license, but got it to work on my own vehicles and buy R-12 as I had several antiques that needed it. Not a professional in that field.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Mar 30, 2018, 09:52 AM
    I remember your other thread pastor and glad you had it checked out by the book, and got it done right.
    pastor1189 Posts: 1,538, Reputation: 3
    Ultra Member

Mar 30, 2018, 09:55 AM
    Thanks. Son tried charging the system. Looks like he over did it. Currently the car Ac is great for 80,000 miles Toyota EchoTime will tell, I guess?/

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Credit union auto loan approved, rec'd check purchased auto & then they declined loan [ 6 Answers ]

Son applied for auto loan through credit union, credit union approved the loan, sent the check for the loan. Purchased the auto and signed all the paperwork. Three days after taking possession of auto, the credit union phoned and said they can not honor the loan. Tried to contact them for a...

How to let an auto insurance company know that I aam go to sue for auto accident [ 2 Answers ]

I was in a car accident and received several ijuries 4 hernaited disc to my neck and one herniated disc s-1 and bulging disc l-5 and at t12 bulging disc. And a couple of months later I was rear ended by another driver she admitted fault to her insurance company can I sue for aggrevation of previous...

My boifriend got arrested for theft by taking auto and entering auto.. [ 2 Answers ]

My boifriend got arrested for theft by taking auto and entering auto. He was already on probation for burglary from when he was 17 he had 2 years left of his probation will he get any time or will they reinstate his probation?

Auto reposession/Default on Auto Loan [ 3 Answers ]

To whom could lend some immediate advice, I purchased a 2005 brand new vehicle in 2005. This automobile has been repossessed as of 5/07. In addition, I filed bankruptcy (Chapter 13) in 2006 to avoid this very problem, however that has been dismissed for lack of payments. My current...

View more questions Search