Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Loconway Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 29, 2018, 09:06 AM
    Can I buy car insurance in another state
    I live in Michigan but also own a home in pa.

Can I register my car in pa and get penna plates for it and buy car insurance in pa?
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Mar 29, 2018, 02:47 PM
    That raises a "domicile" issue. Insurance is based on where the vehicle is based and primarily operated. If there is a suggestion of collusion to get a cheaper rate, you may find a claim denied. Can you afford that?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Mar 29, 2018, 03:52 PM
    You would register your car, get the plates, and purchase your insurance from the state where your car is "at" where is it physically ? That is the question.
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Mar 30, 2018, 04:57 AM
    As mentioned... get it where the car spends its time or you can find yourself with a canceled policy, denied claim and big trouble.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Mar 30, 2018, 03:14 PM
    Where you spend 6 months and 1 day per year. Of course plenty of people use a cheaper rate (and maybe a cheaper tax too; mine uses the mil rate of my property tax) of a cheaper state where they own property, but if it's a big enough claim, the insurer will investigate. I don't know anyone who cheats on this who has more than the minimum insurance on an old car.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

State Unemployment Insurance [ 2 Answers ]

I'm an employer in IL, recently I have opened an office in NJ as well. How do I register myself with the State of NJ for depositing the SUI and SDI.

Health Insurance from your state? [ 1 Answers ]

I've heard of some people finding insurance through their state and it is discounted... Is this true? I desperately need insurance and fast... PLEASE SOMEONE TELL ME SOMETHING :(

Real state insurance [ 3 Answers ]

What is a title insurance?

Moving out of state; can I take insurance? [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I'm getting an individual policy through the guaranteed issue clause right now, and am wondering if I will be able to keep my plan if and when I move out of state. I have a preexisting condition, so I will be rejected for individual plans, and I read that you only get the guaranteed issue...

Will Insurance Cover In My State? [ 1 Answers ]

I am contemplating taking a job in VA. However, I live in WV. Will the new company's plan (Blue Cross) be accepted at the physicians we use here in WV? Thanks for any input.

View more questions Search