Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    foreverromantic Posts: 177, Reputation: 1

Mar 27, 2018, 02:06 PM
    Legal question re: Bankruptcy
    How do I find out how to become a creditor against someone who owes me $ 5,000.00 from a law suit against him in 2012?
    We went to Court for Breach of a contract he signed. (Small Claims Court)
    I had an attorney at the time, the lawyer set out the specifics on payments due me and I never got anything.
    The person filed for Bankruptcy recently and someone told me it may be possible to become a creditor under the list of people he owes.
    Please advise.
    Thanks
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Mar 27, 2018, 03:31 PM
    He is suppose to list you, as a creditor. If he has not, you can petition the court to have you added.

Depending on what he has, most likely this will mean you will get nothing and never contact him again about the debt.

I would speak to your lawyer, since if he does not list you, he may not later be protected from you going against him.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Ask a bankruptcy question [ 5 Answers ]

Hello, If I have filed a chapter 13, in the process of paying my fees to the trustee, and I have a new found issue with my attorney can I replace him??

Question regarding an asset in a Chapter 7 Bankruptcy [ 0 Answers ]

I am curious how a personal chapter 7 Bankruptcy Court would treat an asset that has value but is not marketable? Specifically, this asset is a percentage ownership in a partnership that owns one parcel of property. There are 5 partners in the Partnership with the voting power of one partner, one...

Bankruptcy Question [ 1 Answers ]

If I file for bankruptcy before getting married, how will it affect my future spouse?

Bankruptcy question [ 1 Answers ]

My wife and I filed ch 7 went to court already but when finish in court judge never mention to take our truck away. It's a month now, would they take it away now?

Ask a question about bankruptcy [ 1 Answers ]

We have had two credit card companies put leins on our home, we filed bankruptcy and the property and also the credit cards were included in this bankruptcy. My question is, can the credit card companies make us pay if and when we purchase another property or was that all discharged in the...

View more questions Search