Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    foreverromantic Posts: 177, Reputation: 1

Mar 27, 2018, 02:00 PM
    Rude behavior question
    I had a novel published last year, my second. I had a student teacher re-type my already typed manuscript as it was it hard copy. (173 pages) and gave her $ 400.00 to do this. Late Oct. the book came out. She was very, very anxious to get a FREE COPY of it, which I was willing to give her. We went to lunch together and she with her I phone took several photos of us together and she showed them to me.
    I asked her to please E Mail me the photos. She promised she would.
    I received nothing. I tried to E Mail her twice and then decided that was the end of our relationship re: book.
    Isn't this RUDE with regard to E Mails not to respond.. There is some type of etiquette for this isn't there.
    Any response is appreciated. Thanks
    Oliver2011 Posts: 2,606, Reputation: 746
    Ultra Member

Mar 27, 2018, 03:07 PM
    Or maybe worry about more important things? First off you had a book published, congrats. Celebrate the positive things in life. So many people focus on the negative and it takes energy to focus on the negative. If everyone I didn't email back became an enemy, I would have a lot of them. Maybe emailing people back is not a top priority for her.
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Mar 27, 2018, 10:18 PM
    I'm a serial non-responder when it comes to emails. I literally forget to check my email, so by the time I do (maybe once a month if that) I have tons of emails, many requiring a reply, and I just don't have the energy to spend a day emailing. My friends know that if they want to contact me, the best way to get a reply is to message me on Facebook. If they email me they may never get a reply.

Email is no longer the trend, now texting and messaging have become the new way to get in touch with people or to send docs or pictures.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Mar 28, 2018, 06:54 AM
    Before you jump to rudeness try another method of contact if you can. You have know her name(?). If not just let it go. I feel ya' though, because I get miffed at unreturned phone calls. I don't waste a lot of time on it though.
    foreverromantic Posts: 177, Reputation: 1

Mar 28, 2018, 11:39 AM
    I wanted a copy of the photos she took last Nov. 2017. This is not an unreasonable request. Obviously, I will never get them. I could have used her for a helper with my next book, but she does not care, so why should I.
    Thanks everyone for your help.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How do I deal with my boyfriends 23 yr old sons rude, disrespectful and lazy behavior [ 7 Answers ]

My boyfriend has a 23 yr old son who still lives with him. He does have a job that his father got him where he works, previously he had nothing. His son is rude, disrespectful and lazy, to the point that he will not even do his own laundry anymore. He wears his dads clothes. I do not live there...

Question about bed bug behavior and bites [ 4 Answers ]

Hello, This question is for an entomologist. We've had a small infestation of bed bugs that we're dealing with. They've been biting me mostly around the torso, and they leave small bumps that itch and stick around for awhile, a couple of days to a week or two, and they each (for the most part)...

Is it rude to. [ 10 Answers ]

Is it rude to not say, "you're welcome" or "not a problem" when someone thanks you for something? I told someone that their help in something means a lot to me and they didn't say these words. By the way, I thanked them in writing, and instead the person tol me something to the effect of "have...

Who do I tell to get out, without seeming rude? [ 4 Answers ]

I am going to try my best to make this a short as possible. but it is still really long, so sorry about that. Okay, well to start I don't have a big house. me and my husband have a very small 3 bedroom house. and not even big bedrooms. And as of right now it is over packed. My...

How rude! [ 2 Answers ]

Ok, so the girl I have been "hanging out with" has been obviously avoiding me for the past 3 weeks... cool. She has been saying "I have just been really busy, sorry"... no biggie. I go to a show tonight and have to stop in a bar to use the ATM and who do I see there?. HER. I was kind of shocked in...

View more questions Search