Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    AnneNettie Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Mar 26, 2018, 09:17 AM
    Did People in Bible Times Really Live so Long?
    The Bible mention at least 25 individuals who reached an age that is not common today. Why?
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Mar 26, 2018, 09:22 AM
    'Cos it's a story, not actually based in fact.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Mar 26, 2018, 01:25 PM
    I think ancient man was prone to exaggeration for dramatic effect, but what would I know since I wasn't there. Maybe much was mistranslated, or the definition of a year was much different way back then. You know how humans are when they keep repeating old stories.
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Mar 27, 2018, 06:09 AM
    Let us try this another way, man was not subject to the generic degradation and breakdown we see today, they did not eat processed foods, they did not overeat as food was not abundant, their life was simple and not subject to the same level of stress, man had basically been designed to live indefinitely. God limited the life of man to 120 years after the flood and later modified that limit to seventy or eighty years

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What does the bible say about mean people? [ 23 Answers ]

I recently got a new job and one of my co-workers does not like me. I don't even know this women and have done nothing to make her not like me. I have tried to extend the olive branch on several occasions but she continues to make it a tense and uncomfortable work environment. She is nice to...

Some people say it talks adout weed in the bible? [ 36 Answers ]

in gen. it says god gave us all the green herbs and it says it in afew other placces it also says the week use herbs alought of people tell me that weed is a herb and senses and it talks about in the bible and it grows naturley that it's not a sin that god don't mind you using it what do you think...

What does the bible say about people that say mean things to you [ 5 Answers ]

When some body is mean to you out of being jealous, what do you do?

Site for people who have to live with people with addictions [ 10 Answers ]

Hey, everyone. Wish I could say I'm doin' all right, but right now... Well I just can't.:( For years I've tried my best coping with having to live with people around me who abuse drugs and acohol, and I'm fed up. I can't do it anymore. Its really hard because of the drugs and the alcohol being used...

Stiff neck people in the Bible. [ 2 Answers ]

What would be the definition of stiff neck people God is referring to in the Bible?Personality wise.

View more questions Search