Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Flexsr Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 24, 2018, 09:05 AM
    How to watch movies (netflix) with no wifi ?
    Hey family, I currently live at a place that has zero wifi and zero wifi in the area. I get 20 channels on the TV. My goal is to be able to watch Hulu or netflix on TV.

I do currently have iPhone via Verizon with unlimited data (however it's severely throttled at 22Gigs).

I have considered buying a dongle (digital to AV adapter) that would mirror movie on phone to TV. As well as mirroring via over the air data. But the major stumbling block is the 22gigs that I get throttled with each month. One snowy Saturday And I easily use up. 22 gigs.

Is there anyway possible I can get a movie service on to the TV with no wifi?

( I am Willing to spend money on necessary hardware or mobile (within reason))

P.S.

(My last resort/ thought would be to go to a Starbucks with wifi and download netflix movies onto an iPad and then connect iPad via a digital/av adapter to TV. But I have not tried this yet)
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Mar 24, 2018, 11:00 AM
    Netflix mails DVD's with a very affordable rental agreement you know.

https://itstillworks.com/12569850/ho...net-connection

https://www.netflix.com/

You just need a DVD player. From 20 bucks up.
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Mar 24, 2018, 01:27 PM
    Getting rental DVDs through Netflix is not an option I would want. No, you cant get Netflix without wifi, but why are you asking us when you can contact Netflix and maybe get their input. It doesn't cost you anything to ask them. My Netflix costs me 10$ month CDN. Mine is channelled, and always has been for the last 10 years, through a Nintendo set up.
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Mar 25, 2018, 09:11 AM
    Have you looked into a hotspot option if your signal is good enough you should have a higher data plan with it as it is an exclusive product. It converts the cell signal to a wifi one for you to use.
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Mar 25, 2018, 03:14 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by cdad View Post
    Have you looked into a hotspot option if your signal is good enough you should have a higher data plan with it as it is an exclusive product. It converts the cell signal to a wifi one for you to use.
    Don't think this will work. Hotspots are only for data, not wifi.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Mar 25, 2018, 05:40 PM
    Actually it is a possibility but has limitations and drawbacks

https://techforluddites.com/streamin...obile-hotspot/

https://tvanswerman.com/2016/04/12/c...ing-a-hotspot/

DVD's and managing your Netflix account on your phone with a hotspot seems to be your most viable alternative to a cable subscription. I get DVD's and stream for 24 bucks a month with unlimited usage on 4 devices.

Basic cable seems to be cheaper than tricks with the benefit of more channels and a few bucks more for WiFi, or a bundle.
    jhonmiller Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 22, 2018, 10:38 AM
    You can easily watch movies on Netflix with no wifi. With the help of wifi, we can easily print any images. So, the printer is very important to us. If you want any help about the printer go to the printer support which provides the best facility and it also provides the best 24/7 service.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Best router to use to receive netflix streaming movies on TV [ 3 Answers ]

I recently purchased a Samsung 63" plasma TV with a Samsung blu-ray player in order to receive Netflix streaming movies. On occasion while watching the movie/tv series will stop & it appears to then re-boot & then it will continue. I have a basic router with 2 computers in my computer room upstairs...

How do I view streaming Netflix movies through my blu ray dvd player [ 2 Answers ]

Netflix offers streaming instant movies through a blu ray dvd player. Do I have to connect my computer to my blueray player?

Can I watch United Kingdim show on netflix in USA or any other countries? [ 1 Answers ]

I want watch Uk TV show mostly disney channel UK and nickeldoen UK, but I don't know if I can on Netflix.

Movies I watch when I'm still kid (around 90's) [ 2 Answers ]

This movie is about a man, live outside a village & near the forest. This man is considered insane by other villager (like mad scientist). This man like to invent new thing, like using catapult to travel around the forest faster. One day, some one put atomic bomb during the ball and this man defuse...

View more questions Search